Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Rental car price increase?

User Info Menu

Rental car price increase?

I just checked Island Car Rentals for December 2012 rates and OMG...last year the same time frame was a $28 daily rate, this year it's gone up to $43 for the least expensive car. Has anyone else seen this much of an increase? Do you think it will change in the next few months? Last year was our first reach renting a car, so I don't have knowledge of the typical price increases year to year.

BTW, sorry I've been MIA for awhile, it's been a weird and difficult year. Soooo ready to get back to the rock, hope to see some of you there. Looks like the December roll call is getting extensive. Maybe I'll finally finish my trip report sometime soon...

User Info Menu

Re: Rental car price increase?

Hey Hettie, I have rented for the past 4 years and this is the most expensive year so far. I'm coming back in October, and the best prices I have seen so far are on Expedia. Last year I spent $285 with taxes for 10 days at Hertz, this year they want over $500. I'm going with Thrifty this year for $317 for 10 days. This may be the last year I rent, and I've been there annually since 2000.

Dr. J