Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I am ready for Lucky Seven -- How many Negril hotels have you stayed at total?

User Info Menu

Riu Tropical Bay- OK, but on boat ride to cliffs, that long stretch of beach looked like so much more fun. Couldn't get wife to leave resort.
    White Sands- nice place.
    Legends- was nice enough, but didn't have mini fridge, and didn't know about renting them.
    Beach House Villas- 2x -nice rooms, but has gotten too expensive in the last few years.
    Blue Cave Castle- our only cliff stay, tower room. Was great with wind coming through windows at night, we called it the vortex, the way it swirled around the room.
    NBCC- nice, large room
    Coco La Palm- 2x- nice, but I like to be more center beach close walking distance to places at night.
    Rooms- nice enough
    Rondel Village- rooms were fine, but shade hard to find during the day.

9 for us, would like to try Catcha, and spend a couple of days at Aqua some trip.

User Info Menu

Over 27 years...7 total.

- My first trip (MoBay/Negril) accounted for four of those. We went without any hotel reservations. Stayed in a sweet guest house in MoBay our first couple of nights, moved down to the "fancy" AI for the next couple...hit Negril and stayed at Miss G's Guesthouse and then back in MoBay the night we left stayed in some small hotel not too far from the airport.
    - Stayed at SamSara for MANY years...most of those spent in T4. That was back in the days where the rooms had no phones or televisions and our rate the last time we stayed there (2001) was $40.00/night
    - Stayed at LTU (now Catcha Gardens) one year when we came in for a a "second" trip in April for a friend's wedding. We were only staying 9 days so it didn't make sense to set up the house.

User Info Menu

Treehouse~ Love love love the terrace but a little too far down the beach for me
    Yellowbird~Nice enough and good price to split between 3 women. Terrible lighting in the bedroom in the cottage we were in with just one small lamp.Kitchenette was a big plus!
    Catcha~Loved the room and the view and glad we tried it but found out we are definitely beach people
    Idle Awhile~ Adored the layout, the decor and the grounds. Good water pressure but the water had the weirdest smell and tasted bad, really bad..like dirt.
    Negril Beach Club Condos twice~ Loved the studio, the 2 bedroom was ok, pool was good, liked the grounds, huge beach front but really close to the river run off wata
    Hidden Paradise~Awesome pricing, tasty breakfast included. Pool would have been awesome but pool guy quit I guess so it was bright neon green and we were unable to use it.

Friendly staff at all of the locations and each place had at least a fridge if not more. Looking forward to trying Coco in 3 weeks!!

User Info Menu

Beaches Negril
    Sandals Negril
    Couples Swept Away
    Grand Pineapple

i've stayed in Negril more than four times but, only four resorts.

User Info Menu

Rondel - Loved it
    Beaches - stayed for a wedding (would not have stayed otherwise)
    Catcha - Awesome
    Grand Pineapple - was okay, got a great deal, would not stay again
    Samsara - nothing exceptional but room was clean and had a good stay
    Kuyaba - Can't wait to go back to the Honeymoon Suite
    Seastarr - had fun, great staff
    Blue Cave Castle - love the rooms and the vibe but I found the beds VERY uncomfortable, Teddy's restaurant is great!

User Info Menu

white sands
    coco la palm
    rayon
    beachcomber
    blue cave castle
    negril escape
    rondel viallage

yep.. there's my seven

User Info Menu

With about 30 trips in not sure I remember them all, but not done yet lots of new ones still to try!

User Info Menu

Lets see how many I can get.
    RIU Tropical Bay
    Beaches Sandy Bat
    Treehouse
    Sunbeam Cottage
    Grand Pinnapple
    Coco Lapalm
    Oasis
    Seastar
    Catcha Falling Star
    Negril Escape

User Info Menu

Negril Beach Club until I bought timeshares there
    Negril Beach Club timeshares
    NBCC... when I'm not using my TS weeks
    Bungaloo... before I had more than one week of TS, would stay there to make my stay longer
    Coral Seas Beach when it was still Coral Seas Beach
    Negril Yoga Centre... a New Years trip when I had my arm in a sling after rotator cuff surgery & needed an inexpensive place to stay. I liked it!
    Hedo... I was a guest aerobics instructor in 1997. Hey... I'm not going to pass up a free vacation in Negril.
    Last edited by Yvonne; 06-13-2011 at 08:43 AM.

User Info Menu

I guess we're not as adventurous, or we just love our spot. We've been down every February and once in April for the last 12 years and have only stayed at The Yellow Bird. Miss them right now!!!
    Are you living, or just existing?