Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: I am ready for Lucky Seven -- How many Negril hotels have you stayed at total?

User Info Menu

I am ready for Lucky Seven -- How many Negril hotels have you stayed at total?

As I eagerly anticipate the days until my next arrival, it occurred to me that this latest trip to Seastar will mark my SEVENTH different hotel -- a lucky 7 because I've been blessed to be there every single time.

The others are:

Bar B Barn -- Love it .... God I can't wait to gorge myself at Angela's again

Couples Negril -- Amazing good times ... It felt like a movie, plus the jacuzzi is 103 degrees

RIU Club -- So addicted to this place for so long, still has a special place in my heart

Riu Tropical Bay -- Like the Club with bonus points. Shampoo comes in bottles instead of packets

Sandals Negril -- My intro to Negril. "How can people be so friendly? I love it!" was my first reaction

Westender Inn -- The ultimate in private, secluded beach experience. An ocean rock pool, $50 a night, can't beat it

----------------

So who else has been to at least seven properties? Has anyone been to 14 or even 21???

User Info Menu

In 41 years.......3
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Smile

7 for me also!

Couples Swept Away ~my first taste of Negril and still my favoirte place to stay

Kuyba~ stayed in the honeymoon room. Great room, nice staff, good restaurant,
    not so good beach.

Country Country~ cute cottage, nice beach, but my least favorite of all the places so far.

Charlea Inn~ Great beach, nice oceanfront view,would stay there again.

Rockhouse~ first cliff expereince. loved it!

Tensing Pen~ Even better than Rockhouse

Catcha Falling Star~ comfortable and great for the $(at the time)

Next on my list is Idle Awhile... maybe soon!

User Info Menu

Hmmm let me think...

Riu Tropical Bay - my first stay in Negril and nice to bring newbies who needed AI/fancy
    Beachcomber Club - great place a few years ago to stay with a large group
    Legends - ok but the beach was way too small for me
    Merrills 2 - I enjoyed this smaller AI but this was to be my last AI
    White Sands - that's it... I am hooked! This is the place for me.
    Xtabi - tried out the cliffs and loved Xtabi, but I am a beach person

User Info Menu

7 for me in 12 years and 17 trips.
    In chronological order;
    Charela Inn, simply the best on the beach IMHO.
    The Blue Cave Castle, my happy place and my home in Negril!
    Riu Tropical Bay, before it was remodeled and branded a "Palace". Was there for 3 nights, which was 2 too many.
    Negril Treehouse, great place and Gail the owner is a terrific host and very civic minded. Plus the breakfast buffet is awesome.
    Jah B's, nice little neighborhood but our cute little board house never cooled down at night.
    Yellow Bird, fantastic value and great family vibe and the 2 for 1 dirty bananas can't be beat.
    Kuyaba, Honeymoon suite and one of the new king suites. After eating there for years and years I was disappointed in the hotel side. All the little fine touches that made the restaurant so special were missing.

Even my beach loving Empress has decided she prefers the Castle most of all. We will be back at Charela in December for a wedding and I can't wait.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Hmmmmm, let's see if I can remember - Point Village, Negril Gardens (now Grand Pineapple), Kuyaba, Bar B Barn, Yoga Centre, NBCC, Beach House Villas, Rondel Village, Catcha Falling Star ......I think that's it. 9 is my magic number!

User Info Menu

Rui....first trip.....17 trips now....seem to have settled into the West In....
    Tensing Pen...6
    Seastar..2
    Catcha Gardens..1
    Moonlight Villa...3
    Catcha....5
    Port Antonio....Bay View Villas

User Info Menu

the ones mi have stayed at are below.........all great...........

so many places, so likkle time

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

It was fun making this list and remembering....

Grand Lido - now Breezes Negril My first trip
    Beaches as a guest of my travel agent friend
    Poinciana now Beaches Sandy Bay for friends' wedding anniversary celebration

No more AI after about my 5th trip
    NBCC
    Negril Beach Club Time Share
    Sea Wind
    Tree House
    Rondel
    BarBBarn
    Sea Star
    Home Sweet Home
    Mirage
    Freedom Villa
    Beach House Villas

Mocking Bird Hill, Port Antonio

The rest were when I was teaching medical classes for Friends of Jamaica:

Mandeville Hotel

Toby's Resort
    Gloustershire Hotel - both in Montego Bay

Kingston:
    Alhambra Inn
    Spanish Court
    Knutsford Court
    Altamont Court

Jake's, Treasure Beach
    Last edited by Nurse Marcia; 06-12-2011 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Added information

User Info Menu

um let's see. Samsara, NBCC, White Sands, Country Country, Sea Star, Bar B Barn and Mariners-Seven!!!! woo hoo! But a few of those places I enjoyed many stays at.