Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: ~~Knutsford, Altamont, Hotel Four Seasons - Room?

User Info Menu

Cool ~~Knutsford, Altamont, Hotel Four Seasons - Room?

Hi boardies!

I am looking for a nice reasonably priced hotel in Kingston for two nights in October. I will be going to the Embassy on Old Hope Road so close to that location a plus but not a deal breaker. Short taxi ride is fine.

I am considering Knutsford, Altamont and Hotel Four Seasons. They are a bit high for my budget but seem to get the best reviews on TA. Trying to stay at $100US per night or lower but still have a nice room that is fairly updated.

thanks for any help.
    Bless
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Re: ~~Knutsford, Altamont, Hotel Four Seasons - Room?

Have you considered using "priceline". I have not yet tried it myself (but plan to do so the next time I want to spend a few days in Kingston). Here is a link to an earlier thread posted from a couple that did use priceline and wound up staying at the Wyndhan in New Kingston for under $100/nite.
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...ht=Trench+Town

Good luck - both with the hotel search and with your embassy appointment!

User Info Menu

Thanks BCBud for the well wishes and the priceline idea. I may try that - I have a lead on a guest house Mikuzi thats looks charming, safe and cheap. Appreciate your help so much - I am not familiar w/Kingston and I am shocked at the prices.
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Have you tried the Liguanea Club in New Kingston.. short taxi ride to the Embassey and walking distance to everythng in new KGN ?? Would you consider a Guest House ?
    A few Jamaicans rent their homes to guests ..most of these are well established homes ..children have left the nest ..etc .. lovely experience and much cheaper than hotels..$100 would probably rent 2-3 nights .

User Info Menu

Thanks Ackee for posting - I looked at Liguanea online because the location was so good but the reviews were terrible even though I take those with a grain of salt. I am fine with simple. What do you suggest I search for guest houses? I put the word out with friends but no one has given any recommendations. I guess I will check airbnb and vrbo. Just need two night for me and my fiancee (hopefully with the second night being one of Celebration). Another problem I am having is getting responses by email. Not one of the many places (expensive and otherwise) I have sent reservation requests to have responded. It is Monday though and I am hopeful they are in the office today. I may have to buy some international minutes and call but that is not my preference as it is often hard to communicate and I like quotes in writing. I will continue my search - Mikuzi is the one that really interests me but no response to either of their emails :-)
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

sent yu a prvt msg

User Info Menu

messages received. Deflated and still searching.
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Sweetness try these places

Shirley Retreat House, 7 Maeven Avenue, near Jamaica House off Hope Road

IDIES hotel in New Kgn..
    http://indieshotel.com

User Info Menu

Thanks all - I have decided on the Liguanea Club but appreciate all the help from you all.
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness