Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Just wondering? How many times have you gone?

User Info Menu

Re: Just wondering? How many times have you gone?

I think I am on trip number 5! 2 to Negril! Looking forward to January 2013 baby! Jan6-20th!

User Info Menu

December will be Lucky #13 to Negril since 1999 when I first stepped on da Rock!
    I fell in love with her immediately and vowed that I would visit every year for the rest of my life

User Info Menu

WOW Nancy Marie - you guys are in the 50s - thats incredible.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Trip #8 in 3 weeks and will be our 4th time to Negril. Once we found Negril, we won't go anywhere else.

User Info Menu

Wow this is an amazing thread to see the dedication you have to a place... I donot fully understand yet... but my first trip in NOV. Will help me understand. Wow this makes me soo excited! Thank you all for sharing!!!

User Info Menu

17 trips since first visiting Negril in 1990.

User Info Menu

we have been there a "couple" of times

"Wow this is an amazing thread to see the dedication you have to a place... I donot fully understand yet... but my first trip in NOV. Will help me understand."

Its true.......... ya really dont know-until ya go!"..........

enjoy your self
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Nancy Marie, I'd love to read your Husband's recollections of Negril in 1972!
    Since my husband retired 6 years ago he doesn't come near the computer so I'll try to give you a Reader's Digest version. When Gerry was around 22 he and 2 friends drove a new car from a dealer in Michigan to deliver in Florida then decided to go to JA. The only flight available was to Kingston so they ended up staying there overnight then caught the train to MoBay. After numerous stops on the train they reached MoBay. A cab driver suggested they go to Negril "where all the hippies go". The got a room with a family in Red Ground for $2.00 each a night. I think there were only 1 or 2 hotels on the beach and the only bar/restaurants were the Yacht Club and Wharf Club (across the street from the Chinaman store in town). They didn't have much money so they lived on egg sandwiches, beer, and subs of course. One night they splurged on a lobster dinner at the Yacht Club for $4.00! When my husband went back in 1990 (with me) we walked around Red Ground trying to find the house he stayed in. He had a picture but nothing resembled it. We finally asked a local in the area and he told us Hurricane Gilbert mashed the house so it didn't look the same. He took us to it so we stopped to chat with the woman that owned it. She didn't remember my husband of course but we had an interesting conversation. Too bad my husband had no money back then. He said he could have bought prime property for about $3000.00 US.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Nancy Marie,

Back in November 2000, I posted what is probably one of the last photos of the old Wharf Club before it was renovated. You can still make out the "The Wharf Club" Wharf Club sign, as well as the "A Disciplined Club" tagline! Thanks for the story!

http://www.realnegril.com/beingees/nn291100.htm
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Since 1986, 46 times, the majority for 3+ weeks at a time. Of that majority of 3+ weeks, at least 12 were for 5-7 weeks.