Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any ideas on Samsara?? First time, dinner??

User Info Menu

Any ideas on Samsara?? First time, dinner??

This is our first time to Negril, we are definitely not beach people so we booked a cliff hotel. We leave Sept 28, and we are in one of the pillar cottages overlooking the cliff. We thought for the money it doesn't get any better! However, I know all of you who may have been numerous times could help out with any reviews/ideas for dining in the area or how this hotel is?? We know of places we want to try for lunch or dinner like three dives or Bentley's but not sure on walking distance or if we will be taking a taxi for most places? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

User Info Menu

Re: Any ideas on Samsara?? First time, dinner??

You have a lot of nice places within a reasonable walking distance. Here are a few we liked but there are a lot more in the area.

Eddie’s de Bar
    Xtabi
    Peewee’s
    Jennys
    3 Dives

Most are reviewed on Trip Advisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...h_Jamaica.html

"Don't be no cloud on a sunny day" - Volkswagen's "Get Happy" Super Bowl ad

User Info Menu

Just wanted to add...Choices, TJ's & Ciao Jamaica
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

Try Teddy's Hideaway Eatery at Blue Cave Castle. Good stuff!! (876) 284-3445.
    Feb.1 - 16 Xtabi

[https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Sounds good! Thanks to all, so I'm guessing we should not do the all inclusive with so many other options!

User Info Menu

Soo many other options, don't limit yourself.....in fact there are too many dining options and they're all good and reachable by taxi, check out the Negril Map for your walking distance range.....

Cliff Eateries I like: (in no particular order or price range)

SeaStar (not sea side but Great food & Great happy hour specials!!!!)
    LTU
    Xtabi
    3 Dives
    Canoe Bar
    Ivans @ Catcha (expensive but worth every penny)
    Push Cart @ Rockhouse

User Info Menu

Soo many other options, don't limit yourself.....in fact there are too many dining options and they're all good and reachable by taxi, check out the Negril Map for your walking distance range.....

Cliff Eateries I like: (in no particular order or price range)

SeaStar (not sea side but Great food & Great happy hour specials!!!!)
    LTU
    Xtabi
    3 Dives
    Canoe Bar
    Ivans @ Catcha (expensive but worth every penny)
    Push Cart @ Rockhouse

User Info Menu

I'm hoping to try as many as we can, although we were hoping to have breakfast and lunch near our resort. Possibility of places to walk? Dinner we can definitely grab a taxi. I did hear our resort offers good breakfast but a few mixed reviews of it.

User Info Menu

SamSara has a nice little breakfast buffet....fresh fruit plate, juices, made to order omlettes, bacon or sausage, ackee & saltfish, callaloo, fried plaintains, fried dumplings, toast & coffee ~~ the menu varies day to day, but this is a sampling of what you might find.

Choices has good & inexpensive breakfast, just a 5 minute walk from SamSara.
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

Hi: we have stayed at the Pillar houses and you are in for a treat.
    For breakfast try Just Natural. It use to be across from Samsara but has moved further west. Teresa is the best host and you will enjoy