Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long to you stay each tome "home"?

User Info Menu

How long to you stay each tome "home"?

There is another thread about how many times people have been to Negril. I was amazed to see several people have been 40, 50, 60+ times.

My question is how long do you stay each visit? My wife and I are going for our 10th time in November. We never stay less than 7 days and once stayed 9 days.

I was just curious to see how many days others stay. For those of you with several trips under their belt it's hard to imagine being able to stay a long time. When do you work? lol

User Info Menu

Re: How long to you stay each tome "home"?

I have stayed as long as 3 weeks, and as short as a long weekend (which actually was ok - kind of like a readers digest version) but then I live in Toronto and it is only a 4 hr direct flight. I usually try to incorporate the Friday and/or monday to give myself 2 weekends or 9/10 days (I travel alone and get air only so I can manipulate the days I book)....

User Info Menu

Minimum of 7 days. 10 days is preferred.

User Info Menu

When we have been lucky enough to go twice a year one trip is 2 weeks the other is a week. This year we are going for 2 weeks in December but we're not sure when or if we will be able to go in 2013.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Longest was 12 years with trips back to the US once in a while to take care of business and a change of scenery.

Shortest is 3 days.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

We have to go for a minimum of 14 days from where we are, although we have done a 21 day trip and when we stop work at the end of this year, it wouldn't surprise us if a 4/5 week stay wasn't on the cards.
    Rise early, treat everyday as though it's your last and your last day as it's your first.

User Info Menu

Of course I meant "time". It was too early in the morning when I started this thread.

User Info Menu

So far the longest trip has been 2 weeks, most are around 7-10 days but I will definitely not do any less than 7

User Info Menu

Longest 4 months - shortest 4 days (my first trip) but I knew right way that was not gonna be long enough :-)

Average is a month lately but my work is flexible right now. When working a traditional job I went twice a year for 2 weeks at a time.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Used to stay for 3 weeks, since 2000... 5-7 weeks. Occasionally I'll go for a shorter stay but that means 2 weeks. Unless I have 9-10 days on the ground (excludes travel days), it's not worth it for me.

When do I work? Until I retired, I worked 55 hrs. or so a week, 10 months a year... teacher. Teaching is not for sissies!