Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where do you get your best results on "research" on best deals at?

User Info Menu

Re: Where do you get your best results on "research" on best deals at?

We looked at flights r/t from our local airport....and got the best rate through U.S Airways....but it still seemed a lot higher than normal....so, out of curiousity(and, even though no search engine showed any flights for..) I looked at United.com..since they fly in/out of our airport,but I figured they don't go to MoBay...what happened was AMAZING....they showed a r/t flights for the exact same days...for $800 cheaper than ALL the booking agents/sites....HOW CAN THIS BE?....turns out(after I booked us)...that the flights showed the EXACT same departure/arrival times as the U.S.Airways flights..even the same layover/connection in Charlotte....after printing out the reservation I noticed that, although the FLT#s were different...the fine print said "our partner airline, us. airways"...so we are gonna be flying on the originally quoted flights after all ...for $800 less!! I wonder why the industry works that way...it was just a fluke of luck for us...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Oil View Post
    matrix.itasoftware.com is the ONLY place to search airfare
    I might be wrong, but I believe Google Flights uses the same software as ITA and allows you to book your flights with one click....

It also lets you enter a range of days and quickly adjust the routes/prices depending on what you want.

If anyone is traveling near the end of the year, it can be worth it to pick up an entertainment book( they go as low as $6 and there is also fatwallet(a deal site) cash back), as hotwire and other travel sites do $10-20 rebates.

User Info Menu

Blake you are correct about Google Flight using same software ............ Google has purchased ITA so that makes sense ............. however I do not see the same functionality on Google Flights ........... ITA allows you to put in a range of number of days for your stay ......... such as 8-11 days ............ enter your day of departure earlier then your ideal date ............ you will get a 30 day calender listing all flights prices for stays of 8-11 days for a 30 day period ......this will allow you to find the best deals by just moving your ideal dates forward or backwards or extend your stay to maximize your vacation value.