Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: dance to the moon!

User Info Menu

dance to the moon!

Just got back from taking my lab for a walk. Seems like everytime I walk at night, I always look up to check out the moon. For some reason, it always reminds me of Jamaica. The moon there...is always so phenomenal!! Being a night time person, I adore the peacefulness. Upon the walk back, I felt this overwhelming desire to post a note. If any of you have read the children's book, Where the Wild Things Are...you will surely overstand. I have read this book to my grandchildren so many times. There is a line...where the wild things dance to the moon.....every time my grand pickney stay the night...I go outside and say, "Let's dance to the moon"

Last week , when my youngest grandson spent the night, he looked at me and said, "Nana, member how last time we danced to the moon?" "Let's do it again!" Tonight, as I looked up at the moon...almost full, I recalled his last visit and had to smile. So, I guess the moral of this post is.....when you are in Negril or anywhere....don't forget to dance to the moon...like no one is watching!!! Quite frankly, I cannot wait till I can dance to the moon in Negril. Soon come in less than 3 months....my opportunity to escape from reality, where, well....everything is everyting....and the moon....priceless..........

User Info Menu

Re: dance to the moon!

I LOVE this!

User Info Menu

Sweet! My favourite book for the munchkins was "The Moon is a Gold Balloon"

Sponsor

User Info Menu

It's Cosmos moon.....(what movie?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Stripe View Post
    It's Cosmos moon.....(what movie?)
    Moonstruck - 1987

User Info Menu

... moonshine is so romantic!
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Thanks for the comments guys! Guess my emotions are getting focused on Negril more than usual....especially when time is nearing for departure. Almost down to 2 1/2 months before arrival. It's been a long year, since no summer trip this time. This only seems to heighten my anticipations

Sweetness......walk good...and by the way....Make sure and don't drink the moonshine!!! LOL We West Virginians know all to well what the results of that can be!! LOL Safe trip mi sista, fingers and toes crossed!

User Info Menu

Name:  P1020007 (Small) (Small).JPG
Views: 142
Size:  12.5 KB

The moon setting in Negril on New Years Eve, 2011. Priceless!! We didn't dance; but we will this NYE.

WM