Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~~ Sweetness Trip Report - Last Night's Menu

User Info Menu

Red face ~~ Sweetness Trip Report - Last Night's Menu

After pool time I started chopping/prepping for dinner. I like to get everyting ready before I cook. Relax, shower, etc. then cook. Last night I made Curry Chicken and Coconut Rice w/cabbage salad, sliced pear (avocado) and fresh (lime) lemonaide. If you cook it they will come is my philosophy (lol) and the Security Gurad Marshall came to ck on me and was hungry so I made him a HUGE plate and he complimented me but said I needed some MAGI season mix (lol) yes mon I do. Good lookin out Marshall. I had some myself and it turned out OK....but need more practice (smile). Caretaker came this mawnin and I fixed him up too and his smile was ear to ear (Big Up Wayne). I keep vinagrette in a squeeze bottle every day of my life (lol) and they both liked it on their cabbage salad (I was surprised).

gonna beg an oven somewhere today to make my almond cookies so it will be an adventure I am sure. Bless your day everyone!!!!

After morning coffee I sweep up and clean while watching Price is Right (my guilty pleasure) and today the lady won a trip to Beaches, Negril, Jamaica - Life is so funny sometimes :-)

Name:  005.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  40.8 KB
    Name:  006.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  41.7 KB
    Name:  007.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  37.6 KB
    Name:  009.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  49.9 KB
    Name:  012.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  33.7 KB
    Name:  017.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  34.9 KB
    Last edited by Sweetness; 10-05-2012 at 11:30 AM.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Re: ~~ Sweetness Trip Report - Last Night's Menu

))) Your crazy... Need to get that seasoning thing down myself, I bring home those little packets. Full of sodium, though. Here in Missouri, hard to find scotch bonnett peppers where the flavor comes from.

User Info Menu

lol I know Juli I use ZERO salt or try to and I tried explaining that to him but he nah feel me on that one....you must get dem season pkts. LOL I have tons at home but none yet here....I used cajun season, garlic power but still nah tas right (lol) I agree with him though....I love the perfume of scotch bonnets.....such a great flavor.....we get habenero in Texas but don't have the wave of heat flavor of JA scotch bonnett.
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

That looks awesome!! Gotta admit, my hat is off to you gyal.....that meal with no kitchen, only limited resources....unreal!!! I'm bringing a hotplate but still, that makes it tough to prepare a meal like that. I'm gonna need some pointers from you!!

Regarding those packets of seasoning....my favorites too! Forget all the fancy packaging and jars, every single Jamaican that I have seen cook, uses them. I always buy lots to bring back, along with the curry seasoning which I adore. Last year, I found a place near Value Master, that had some great Indian seasonings...tandori style. Good stuff too!

Keep your posts coming, so loving them Sweetness..
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Yummy---watch out sweetness, everybody going be knocking on your door soon to sample some of these fine dishes (lol) Wayne is one of my fav.people up on the West End, a good guy.. Have you seen Mathis ??? I saw him at Seastar in July,and hes; no longer a kid anymore is he ???? He's sure grown-up !!!!
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

Oh My Sweetness Ya Killing me here~~...........................Continue~~
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Sweetness, can I come over for dinner?
    I'll bring the Ron Millonario rum

User Info Menu

Note to self: Replace keyboard from drooling over Sweetness yummyness!

Great Report, lovin' it!

User Info Menu

suzen - have not seen him yet but will. Jim/Donna :0)
    Marley - yes please!!! Thx BJritz
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Food Looks great!