Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: ~~ Sweetness Trip Report - Knutsford Express

User Info Menu

~~ Sweetness Trip Report - Knutsford Express

Just a quick post to let you know my experience with using the Knutsford Express bus line from Negril. The terminal is next to Bourbon Beach in the parking lot across from Time Square. The price was $27 US per person one way to Kingston westbound thru Mobay, Ocho Rios, then inland across the mountains thru Linstead, Settlers, Spanish Town and into Kingston.

Lime 971-1822
    Digicell 618-5688
    no direct numbers to the pickup stations only one switchboard but they are very helpful and professional

Very nice bus with AC, cool bokkle wata, movie. Change bus in Mobay but the stations are clean and organized. One pit stop in Ocho Rios (Jerk Centre) for 10 minutes. Restroom onboard. comfy seats.

There is a south coast line by another name but I don't have that information. I loved the ride as most of it was new for me. I had a wonderful young man sit next to me on the ride over Michael. We laughed and shared dreams and left friends. We made the driver laugh too (shout out BRYAN). Took 5 hours and we had some delays on a few rough roads but all in all it was smooth sailin. More on the ride in my Kingston Negril.com board thread if you are interested.

I would recommend trying this adventure. It is a good price and very comfortable way to travel long distance.

Name:  IMG_3361.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  27.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_3573.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  43.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_3644.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  21.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_3538.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  31.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_3405.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  23.6 KB
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Re: ~~ Sweetness Trip Report - Knutsford Express

Its great way to get out of Negril and exp.more of Jam.....
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

Nice!!! I just posted on your other thread about the Knutsford Express. Ask and you shall receive!! Thanks for all the info. For 27 dollars PP, that is really a great deal! Now, you really have me tinking about my bucket list. With a 5 hour trip, no doubt we would have to spend the night or maybe 2. Gotta start doing a likkle research..........
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Yetta please read my post on the Kingston board. It has more details and some recommendations. I did lots of research and would love to share so let me know if I can help. Bless
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Thanks for the heads up Sweetness. Will check the board now.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Your seat partner is a cutie pie~~
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

All of your posts make me grin from ear 2 ear

Sounds like a very cool experience
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

sweetness, what time does the bus leave negril? where does it end up in kingston? much appreciated.

User Info Menu

Jitter - the current schedule is on their website. www.knutsfordexpress.com
    Each day of the week is a different schedule. I traveled going on a Thursday. Mon thru Friday the bus leaves Negril 11:40 am and 3:15 pm (but schedule changes so you will need to ck with your trip details.)

Kingston terminal is 18 Dominica Drive which is not far from Pegasus Hotel, Emancipation Park, etc. to give you a reference point. Hope that helps. more info on their site
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

thanks sweetness.