Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Samsara

User Info Menu

Samsara

Anyone stay there that can tell me about the property. Is is as beautiful as the pictures? How large are the pillar units?

User Info Menu

Re: Samsara

I stayed there back in 2002, beautiful views, great location, and ok rooms. I'm sure there have been upgrades since then. It's also the sister hotel to Legends on the beach. If you stay there you will not be too far from where i'm staying which is close to Canoe.

User Info Menu

Thanks butterfly. Did you stay in or see inside the pillar cottages? I was wondering how large they are.

User Info Menu

I would stay away .... Mixed reviews.

User Info Menu

I stayed in the standard room and like I stated before that was 10 years ago.

User Info Menu

Okay, thanks butterfly.

gerryg, I REALLY appreciate your comment. It holds a lot of substance for me. You know the area well so I trust your input.

User Info Menu

Stayed there a few years back in a standard room near the pool. Not a five star resort but it is clean and the staff was pretty cool. It is a sister property to Legends on the beach like Butterfly said, and they have free shuttles going back and forth between them. So you have free transportation if you want to hang out on the beach. It is in a nice location for nearby bars and restaraunts. I would go there again, the price is right.

User Info Menu

Going in a week..have hung out there many times but never stayed. Seems like a nice plan....stayed in many,,,,.. some great, some ok.....I'm in Negril and just roll with it!Only staying for a week.....shortest reach in along time, maybe it'll actually feel like a vacation and not the extended stay! All is good...Respect

User Info Menu

I stay there every year. PM me to here more

User Info Menu

Totally depends on what your are expecting out of the place you stay.

The pillar cottages look kinda cool from the outside and they have amazing unobstructed views of the sea. I hear that your only option for a shower is the oudoor shower at the bottom. I reserved a King cottage when I booked. Called again right before my trip to verify that they had me in a king cottage. Fast Forward. I missed my connecting flight on the way to JA and got held over a day. Called Samsara to make sure my reservation would still be ok and to extend a day. They said that was fine. WHen I arrived at the office to check in, they looked at me and said "YOu were supposed to be here yesterday" LOL So apparently they hadn't made note of the conversation I had with them LOL When they took me to my room it was a Standard Oceanview. Basically ike a motel room, and my view of the ocean was actually a view of some big palm leaves. No biggie for me, but I went with hardly any expectations and I'm pretty go with the flow. The room was simply ok.

The rates are so low, if youre on a tight budget then it hits the mark as far adequately meeting your basic needs.

I stayed there on my first trip and had a good time (but i dont see how I could not have a good time in Negril). I also didn't spend much time on the property during my stay and choose to eat my meals elsewhere.

My second trip I stayed at Catcha Falling Star and had THE BEST time. The difference was 100% Vibe, Staff, food, and character.

Would I stay at Samsara again? Maybe. Only if it was all I could afford and even then I might look around for something else. I care about VIBE and to me Samsara lacks any kind of vibe at all. Its not bad, its not good, it just ISNT.

Anyways, I can't say anything bad about it....although I have seen some pretty startling negative reviews that seem consistent with eachother. I just can't speak on that.
    Stir IT UP