Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Point Village Info

User Info Menu

Question Point Village Info

Hello all! First post here, so be gentle. My wife and I just booked our flights for our first reach in April and we're debating on (more than likely) staying in one of the $80 to $110 per night condos. Does anyone have a specific # of a condo they have seen or stayed in on the property with a good review? Looking for something clean and romantic but, also realistic. My wife and I (we don't drink) plan on renting a scooter for the week so we can get around. What are some of the places that would be a short ride on the scooter for a off the beaten path day trips?

User Info Menu

Re: Point Village Info

I have stayed at Condo 105, and it was excellent! We are booked in there for a return visit January 12-19 as well. The fellow that looks after these Condo's also looks after 3 other for other people as well. I am currently looking for the links for you to reach him. It will be on the higher side of your price scale, but I will personally vouch for it! Great spot, Amazing view, and nice and quiet!!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Thank you, I've viewed all those extensively. I just didn't know if there were more in another building that were as nice as these?I talked to Rolf last Friday prior to Sandy hitting Delaware, where I guess he resides? I sent him a message early Sunday morning and I haven't heard back from him. I hope he didn't bare the grunt of the storm as I would like to lock my choice down and just know it's there awaiting me in 170 days. $770 is a small price to pay for the location, view, and legit amenities provided in the condo's price. I'm calculating another $150 for the scooter for 6 days, which comes to the second part of my question, places you must hit and places you wish you would have hit if you had a scooter?

User Info Menu

When we did Negril last year from PV, we seriously didn't do too much! One Love Pub Crawl through the west end, you can reach Lenbert at 1-876-874-6631 or bananaznegril@hotmail.com . Other than that we walked the beach, Had dinner at Ivan's and at Kuyaba. and took in the Seastar Saturday night party. Also took in the Friday night of the Jamaican Jazz and Blues festival which was an all day experience cause it was in Trelawny over 2 hours away! But, that was so my wife could see Celine Dion (Wedding present from me). In the week we were there we felt like we were busy most of the time and didn't really do too much. This coming reach we are planning to hit the Pelican Bar, Rum tour, and hopefully the Black River, and play a couple rounds of Golf. This should keep us busy. Do to the fact drinks were consumed almost everywhere we went, we opted out of renting a scooter and used the taxi system, and we didn't spend more than 25-30 a day other than the trip to Trelawny!

User Info Menu

Heard from Rolf last night and although friends in neigbouring states didn't fare very well, he was okay! He will be in contact with you shortly I assume, if he hasn't already e-mailed you! I am now down to 65 days! Jamaica soon come!!

User Info Menu

Down to 162 days now. Condo and flights are secured and paid in full! We ended up renting condo 115 which looked just a lil more accommodating than 105. Today om the mail our snorkel sets arrived, subtle reminder that we're really doing this!

I take it Lenbert is a driver? Not being a drinker and renting a scooter is the plan. Quick questions is a scooter ride to the Blue Hole an option? What about YS Falls or Mayfield scooter trips? I have yet to discover on Google earth where these locations are and have read mixed reactions regarding even riding a scooter.

One more quick question is Jah B's a legit scooter rental? I've heard about other places trying to get money out of people for scratches and defects they didn't cause, kind of makes me leery and just want to pay cash for the rental. Is that possible?

User Info Menu

THe Blue hole is a great option for a scooter ride its only a short ride far westend. Ys and Mayfield would be too far in my opinion on a scooter. Unless your looking for a full day on the scooter.
    Trip #59 most of February