Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for my fellow Canuck boardies??

User Info Menu

Question for my fellow Canuck boardies??

Was wondering if anyone has had a problem exchanging our new polymer bills at the Cambio? Wondering if I should stock up on old paper 20's before they're gone?

User Info Menu

Re: Question for my fellow Canuck boardies??

Hmm good question
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Administrator

User Info Menu

The banks, cambios and businesses are all aware of the new bills so no worries. In fact, the new Jamaican $5000 note has a polymer area on it - a clear window near the middle of the bill....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

No problem with the 100.00's and 50.00's, their in the money market business.

User Info Menu

I would take CAD travellers cheques for the cambio.

I also opened a Scotiabank savings account for use at the Negril Scotiabank ATMs. I get charged $1.25 for withdrawals, but there won't be any ATM or international fees.

User Info Menu

Good to know...don't want to run into any problems changing money over. I have a Scotiabank card as well but prefer to use the cambio..always get confused about how much to type into the keypad LOL...and get a bit creeped out by all the people that hang out in front of the Scotiabank...knowing all too well that your pockets are full of cash. Usually after going to the cambio, we wander about a bit before getting a route taxi so it isn't as obvious that we just left the cambio...

User Info Menu

Went inside the ScotiaBank, waited in line and cashed traveller's cheques to JA dollars. It went very smoothly and I avoided any issues that may have been encountered by using the ATM.

User Info Menu

No problem with them I brought some last year or when ever it was they first came out, and changed them at the cambio. I agree with bringing travellor checks its easy and safe. As long as your bank can find them! lol . The new $20,s are coming this month!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by poolguywindsor View Post
    No problem with them I brought some last year or when ever it was they first came out, and changed them at the cambio. I agree with bringing travellor checks its easy and safe. As long as your bank can find them! lol . The new $20,s are coming this month!
    Our bank charges a hefty fee for travellers cheques...that's why we don't use them! The new 20's come out today...that's why this crossed my mind this morning

User Info Menu

Really? My bank doesnt charge for them, sometimes it takes a while for them to find them though.
    Trip #59 most of February