Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Last Days at Catcha Gardens......

User Info Menu

Cool Last Days at Catcha Gardens......

...I left off when Storm Sandy came and I got an airborne virus......could have been horrible but I was in Negril so it was fine!!!!! and Catcha Gardens super comfortable. Got chicken from Eddies one night.....his chicken and sauce are my favorite in all of Negril. The pups kept me good company every day of my stay and I miss them.

Name:  145.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  45.4 KB
    Name:  148.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  39.0 KB
    Name:  152.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  41.9 KB
    Name:  162.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  34.5 KB

Rastagal was checking in so I agreed to give up my perfect upstairs apartment by the road so she could enjoy it. She offered to let me stay but no way Sister boardie!! I hope you had a wonderful stay. Sorry I did not get out while ill - life just happens sometimes.

The pork man came by on his bicycle hot box before I got sick and that was some HOT and delicious jerk pork mon. Watch for him. Very tender and fresh.
    Name:  172.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  26.3 KB

I could not eat or even sit up so I was down for the count. My Sweetie taking the best care of me every minute. When it started I had 102 fever and racking body chills that were the worst I have ever had. It was pouring rain and I was on my death bed but KNEW I needed to get to Dr. Grant ASAP. So Mr. hailed a route taxi and I stumbled in the front seat DYING. Well the taxi man had to stop for every pickney.....and even fill the hatchback with 10 more all the while Mr. begging him to get me to Sunshine Plaza. Finally we got there and they got me in quickly. Dr. Grant looked in my throat and immediately knew it was an airborne virus. She gave me lots of meds but said it would have to run its course and she could only try to treat my symptoms (present and future lol). So vitamin liquid to put in my wata (cherry); inflamation med; nausea syrup; and another someting. Still sick 4 days later and went back and she said it was running its course....I could not eat (anything) and had horrible headaches. So I just kept in bed and taking the meds managing maybe one cracker a day. The surrounding were gorgeous....there were Plumeria right outside my living room window!!!!!

Name:  211.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  79.5 KB
    Name:  144.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  30.3 KB
    Name:  182.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  51.4 KB
    Name:  222.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  48.4 KB
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Re: Last Days at Catcha Gardens......

Oh dear Sweetness....so sorry that you got so sick. It sounds like you were in the best of hands, thank jah...

User Info Menu

102 degree temp and consuming a cracker a day is really serious shape....

That taxi guy must really, really wanted his 100 J's, to slow down and pick up more people, with a really sick person next to him...

You are Texas tough for sure! Wow!

As I sit here at work, I'm now craving Eddie's,lol...

Thanks and Happy Travels...

Skb,lol!

User Info Menu

We're so glad to have you back at home in Texas! Continue to get well. Bless!

User Info Menu

Dear Sweetness,i have been enjoying your reports for years.so sorrey to hear you got so sick.If there is one place in the world to recuperate,if sick away from home,
    it has to be Catcha Gardens.
    Love and respect. Baloo.

User Info Menu

Sweetness, what do you think made you sick?

User Info Menu

airborne virus - could happen anywhere Gerry. Now it was pretty intense for a virus compared to ones I have had before.
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

you may have had dengue fever from the mosquitos, there were more than a few cases confirmed in the parish, your symtoms as given are right on http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002350/ glad you are a survivor of whatever it was, many blessings for your future.
    Last edited by kim&betty; 11-10-2012 at 01:26 PM.

User Info Menu

I thought so too Kim/Betty but Dr. Grant said I did not have all the symptoms. My fever was only 102 and I had no rash (although I did have skin sensitivity for sure). Who knows for sure but I am back to 100%. Thank you for your blessings.
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness