Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charela Inn?

User Info Menu

Re: Charela Inn?

Ate there at the jazz night. Very good meal. Nice presentation.

User Info Menu

i love charela! good food - get the fixed price dinner - don't think i could eat that rich every night :-)

User Info Menu

Hi. I stayed at Charela in September. The meal plan is not cheap but you do get a lot of food, especially at dinner since it is a 5-course meal. We did not do the All-inclusive but opted for the ROH plan which provides you with breakfast and dinner only, not lunch. I figured that it was a waste to pay for lunch since we would not be on the resort during those hours. In September Charela had a discount on the meal plans.

The All-inclusive works well if you will spend all your time on the property and not miss mealtimes or if you plan never to eat elsewhere.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crybaby View Post
    Any experiences or thoughts about Charela Inn? Also how is the food, is it good enough to do a meal plan there? Bringing my newbie sister and cant really go on the cheap cheap side. LOL

We have stayed at Charella and like it alot. The only thing I didn't like is the practice of guests/the hotel allowing people to "reserve" chairs spaces on the beach all day long, all week long. It makes the nicely shaded beach area in front of the hotel, a real plus and one of the nicest in my opinion, crowded all day long. Sometimes, it was hard for us to find a nice place on the beach as there were so many empty chairs with towells draped over them indicated that they were reserved. It would stay that way for a guest's entire stay. So even if a guest never made it to the beach that day, his chair and place on the beach were nonetheless "reserved" preventing someone else from enjoying it. During our last visit, this practice became a little annoying. That's my only complaint and the place/staff were otherwise great.