Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: "Welcome Home" the adventure I thought I was prepared for.

User Info Menu

Re: "Welcome Home" the adventure I thought I was prepared for.

Lovin' your report, Beebe! It is making me so excited for my upcoming trip with my boyfriend. And, I think your writing is pretty great! :-)

User Info Menu

i love your story so far

User Info Menu

Don't sell yourself short Beebeluv, so far so good. Can't wait for more...

User Info Menu

Thank all of you for your kindness I'll give you a little more but like a drug dealer I gotta keep you wanting more... keep you on my line lol jk... again thank you and A lil more to follow...

User Info Menu

SATURDAY CONT'D

The man next to me on this flight was very friendly. He was the first “real” and friendly person yet. He went back to the restroom and when he returned he told us that we were lucky. We looked at him curiously and he said as soon as we can move I'm moving back there, there's a lot of open seats. Ok cool. We are being “taxi'd” out and at this point it's becoming obvious the man is uncomfortable and very nervous I tried to keep him talking so he wouldn't freak out and in turn freak me out lol. He said he was a UPS driver and I made a joke about the shorts . So we get in the air and he moves and my other and I try to fill out those customs forms... we were almost there. Coming up on the island was breathtaking my best description for me would be coming up on Jurassic island just gorgeous. The landing is crazy amazing you come very close to the water and its defiantly a highlight.
    First pic in Jamaica...
    Name:  20121110_092628.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  83.0 KB
    OK... this being our first trip pretty much anywhere we had no clue how things worked, the “customs coral” was interesting and equally confusing. Luckily it wasn't very busy and we got through it all fairly quickly, found our transportation kiosk and after the necessary technical stuff the man asks us to wait outside to the right by the bar...NO PROBLEM! Ok wow there is nothing like that first wall of Jamaican air that hits you when you walk out of the airport. Now I'm so overcome by it all I start to tear up. Ok compose yourself.We stood there for a while seemed like forever although it was probably only 15 minutes tops before they tell us ok lets go and showed us to our mini bus. As I get on the bus I notice on our mini bus is”dancing couple”, I could tell by their facial expressions they recognized us. So I decided to strike up a conversation, “Where are you staying?” and I got the first stun of the day...Their reply”Hedo” LOL OMG I've heard of that... no wonder they looked so happy. I reply that we were staying at the Riu Palace. Meanwhile, the driver swung around to the front of the airport to pick up another couple who were very nice looking and they almost immediately started a conversation with “dancing couple.” “Where are you staying?” again “Hedo.” “OH, us too.” said the lady. LOL WOW really now... hahaha anyway the nice looking couple have been there 4 times and the “dancing couple” had been there 12 times. Honestly they made it sound very nice but I personally am not comfortable with myself to be nudist or even around that for even a little while. Along the ride there were many conversations. We find out the nice couples occupation the woman detective, the man a firefighter, this through me for a small loop considering the conversations we had about “subs” all on board the nudie buss...lol... were partakers in devouring subs. The "art of Jamaican driving"... thats all I can say...
    A few driving pics...
    Name:  20121110_101908.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  87.8 KB
    Name:  20121110_101939.jpg
Views: 958
Size:  86.4 KB
    Name:  20121110_102030.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  92.6 KB
    Name:  20121110_102033.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  85.8 KB
    Name:  20121110_103031.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  96.5 KB
    Thankfully we were the first stop, every flight was early and so was the bus we arrived at our resort around 10-11 am we were the first check-in for the day. Check-in was easy and they offered us rum punch (delish) while they switched our rooms to one that was already ready. So after that it was off to our room everyone we walked by said welcome home and it felt very good. And this is why I adopted this for my title. This was a gorgeous resort. The bell-hop whom accompanied us to your rooms was very friendly and asked us if we needed anything....oh he meant it....he provided us with our sub fixings and we brought our own rolls. So after a tip for bringing the bags, he was off. After that crazy day (and night) of traveling relaxation by “full stomach” was greatly needed and definitely appreciated. OK... I'm from California and I used to have a “members card” to the Sandwich shop. But this was crazy amazing... the looks definitely deceived the taste! For the embarrassing part after our sub we didn't even want to leave the room, it was just that da^m good! WOW!!!

User Info Menu

Loving it!

User Info Menu

No better sub in the world than your first sub once you land in Jamaica! Keep it coming, you're the "dealer now and I'm getting strung out" I need it bad. LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tanfastic View Post
    No better sub in the world than your first sub once you land in Jamaica! Keep it coming, you're the "dealer now and I'm getting strung out" I need it bad. LOL
    What's a sub? Like a hoagie?
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

enjoying your trip report!! the countdown is on for me & mine.

Thanks for letting us live through your trip report while waiting for ours.

Peace,
    Islander - Brynn
    Looking forward to our next visit to beautiful Jamaica! See you soon!!

User Info Menu

Oh so looking forward to the great subs.