Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First trip to Negril - Travel Report : Coco La Palm - DAY 5

User Info Menu

Another great report guys...I love Markus' sense of wonder with everything around him.

Sept 4-13 (Birthday Trip) CCLP/Hills

User Info Menu

thank you, thank you, thank you! A great read, but its really making me yearn for Jamaica....think I will head over to check on airfares...lolo.

User Info Menu

Red face

What a great way to start my work day-Just been back one week from Jamaica and I'm yearning to be back.Keep the report coming-loving every minute of it

User Info Menu

REALLY great report....such attention to detail & after 2 month!...you guys are GOOD!! I think that bug Marcus found is beautiful, with all that irridescent glimmer....it almost looks like a piece of jewelry! The pics are breathtaking and the report is wonderful! Thanks!

User Info Menu

LOVE IT! Both of your perspectives are so refreshing--and I love how you both have your own reactions to the glorious glowing dead beetle! Marcus, you are both hilarious and so informative with your views of the wildlife--you would make a great instructor. Hopefully next trip you both can venture to mayfield falls, or one of the many nature preserves to admire and photograph even more wildlife. Taking the time to marvel at nature is such a treasure.

User Info Menu

Thanks for your kind feedback! I know it's taking forever for us to finish this thing, it's nice to know a few peeps are still reading our ramblings. We're at the final stretch now though.

"Glorious glowing dead beetle" - lol - Markus is going to love that! I agree that it had a really nice irredescent glimmer to it but I'm afraid of insects. The size was what freaked me out the most...

...and even though it had "passed on" one of it's back legs still twitched. When I saw that I screamed and ran into the bathroom.

IW - We were thinking about visiting Mayfield falls on our next trip! It really depends on our budget though. Have you been there? If so, What was the experience like and do you remember how much it cost?

Does anyone know of a good nature preserve area directly in Negril, or very close?
    Last edited by Clarity; 06-20-2011 at 05:59 PM.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

i'm still enjoying your report too clarity!

User Info Menu

I'm enjoying it too! Loved the beetle pictures.

User Info Menu

Glad to see the adventures continue! Another day in paradise described so perfectly.

User Info Menu

Clarity, there is a nature preserve right near negril--you can rent a boat to take you up the river (the one by roundabout with all the fishing boats) to it--probably for about the same you would pay for a snorkeling trip --and someone else from the board please help me with the name--it is escaping me. It is on the Morass side and from what I hear lots of birds and wildlife. Also Zimbali retreats offers a day tour which includes a tour of their ecoresort and farm up in the country which looks very lush. That one is just 30 dollars I think.

I went to Mayfield Falls years ago and loved the ride through the country just as much as the falls itself. The Falls are beautiful and lush vegetation--and for me it was a treat to swim in the cool river water after the warm sea. The hike up the falls is through beautiful heavily vegitated country and part of hit walking through the falls itself. I can't remember the entrance fee--but I worked out a deal with my driver from Clives to take me there for a discounted rate since I used them round trip for airport transfers.