Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerry G's TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR Final Chapter -- The Mighty Californian's return

User Info Menu

Re: Gerry G's TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR Final Chapter -- The Mighty Californian's return

From Gerryg's trip reports, we tried bentleys when we were in negril over thanksgiving... It was our thanksgiving dinner in fact. The man had a great laugh, and spoke highly of Gerry... I think you are givi him a following.

We also met Barbara at seastar (although we stay at tensing pen) this last trip. She saved a table at the buffet for us, and even shooed some folks off that had the audacity to take our spot.

It amazes me how much Gerry's crazy reports (donkey pony is a personal favorite) and others brought our lat trip to life In spite of 13 previous trips to the island.

Gerry, I want to make sure to give you a personal thanks for this early in what will most likely become a long thread, and hope to meet you there one day. A thanks also goes to everyone else, but this is the gerryg123 thread... Ya mon. Nice donkeypony.

User Info Menu

Re: Gerry G's TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR Final Chapter -- The Mighty Californian's return

What's this final chapter bull,you know something about Friday the rest of us don't?

User Info Menu

Keep it coming! I'm glad to see the adventure continue.

User Info Menu

I shared a few Redstripes with Rasta Dave at Bourbon Beach a few weeks back, great guy!
    Hope to run into you on the 31st if your still there Gerry.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

The Mighty Californian's return? Really, Ger?

I love it!

User Info Menu

The Jamaica ocean was just as beautiful as I had remembered. The sun rays were glistening off the glassy sea, and a few other snorkelers had joined in as we laughed and smiled our way to the reef.

I jumped in and was immediately surrounding by beautiful fish of all colors, plus eels and rays and squid and Jack fish and even a sea turtle. Seems I lost my shooting touch and did not hit much, but I had just as much fun snorkeling and splashing around and trying to keep up with Vincent and the rest of the group.

I love being underwater looking at the sea life and the beautiful corral. The water was warm and calm, and everyone had a great time.

All of us wanted the excursion to continue at Booby Cay, a small island about a mile off shore, and there we landed the boat and all picked out lobsters from my long-time friend Homie to cook. After the requisite arguing and bargaining about the size of the lobster and prices – just before we hit the shore, I volunteered my services to bargain for EVERYONE so we would get a group deal – and a few moments later for $20 each, there were sat, eating lobster and garlic bread, drinking stripes and enjoying watching the sting rays who would swim close to the shore, put on a little show, then disappear for a bit before an encore or two.

I didn’t want to leave, but I was eager to see Bentley, a local restauranteur with whom I get along really well. It’s a perfect relationship – he is fun and easygoing and serves large portions of the best food in Negril, and me, well I’m gerryg123.

Bentley has been calling me every few days in the USA for nearly six months – sometimes up to twice a day – because he’s been so eager for me to return. When I motored up the hill, made a left about halfway up on a small street called Ella Lane and parked in front of his crab shack, Bentley hugged me so tight it was like I was returning from the army.

God I love Negril.

User Info Menu

My morning ritual, hot cup of coffee, read Gerry's latest adventure...

Good stuff,

Keep it coming

VVHT

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VVHT View Post
    My morning ritual, hot cup of coffee, read Gerry's latest adventure...

Good stuff,

Keep it coming

VVHT
    Ditto!
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

I'm stoked to see this....

but really Gerry? The "final" chapter???

I doubt that.
    Stir IT UP

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Loving the relationship you have with Bentley...very genuine