Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 78 1234561151 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerry G's TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR Final Chapter -- The Mighty Californian's return

User Info Menu

Gerry G's TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR Final Chapter -- The Mighty Californian's return

OK, let's get right to it. Here is the continuation from the TOA report, where we went from warm to medium, and now we're going to HOT HOT HOT.

The first Trail of Ashes tour starts here:

http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...urns-to-Negril

And thus, we're up to date.

It was Monday morning, my first morning in Negril. Boardie sighting. Tawnee, the beautiful tattoed lady from Canada, is getting some early rays by the pool. We spent a lot of time together the past two or three reaches, and it was nice to see her again. I sliced a bagel, toasted it up, positioned my orange juice in front of me, and together we caught up on all things good.

I took a ride down the hill. One of the first ones I bumped into was an elderly man named David, a local I've known for years. I think most of the negril.com readers know my feelings about folks begging for money -- I hate it -- but David is elderly and of ill health. Every reach, he gets a little thinner and frail, a little more tired, a little more rundown. Poor soul, he also apparently is suffering from mental-health issues, and I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS give him a couple of dollars. He recognized my face, didn't remember my name, but he stuck his hand out as I turned around on the scooter to greet him, and I kicked him down somethin' ....

I made my way to Seasplash, my official beach home. It was sunny and beautiful, and I thought about my father, who had died a month earlier from a rare disease that took away his breathing capacity (he never smoked or drink a thing in his whole life and had treated everyone he had ever known with warmth and kindness).

My, how my father would have loved Negril. He loved the ocean, particularly deep-sea fishing, and like you-know-who he also loved hotels and being pampered.

I had my spear gun, and the first fish I caught would be in my father's honor.

Alicia was bartending early at Sea Splash, having remembered the video we did together last time of her blending the fruit drink, step by step. Rasta Dave appeared, happy and joyful as ever though he no longer works at the hotel in an official capacity -- instead he voluntarily helps the tourists, having fallen in love with Seasplash's little spot on the beach, and it appears Rasta Dave has no desire to leave no matter the circumstances. He's a good man.

Roger pulled up in Vincent's snorkel boat -- the Famous one has the day off today, Roger said -- so I gulped down my smoothie and hopped on board. The sun was shining, the breeze was providing some cool comfort, and the ocean was like glass. Ya mon, it's going to be a good first day in Negril

Here are some pics (top to bottom):

1, Mobay VIP service, Welcome to Jamaica, ya mon

2, Nice to see my fav Negril dog, Boy, when he and Seastar worker Garrett visited my room

3, Sea Splash Rasta Dave, one of the first familiar faces this reach ....
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by gerryg123; 12-19-2012 at 08:47 AM.

User Info Menu

Re: Gerry G's TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR Final Chapter -- The Mighty Californian's return

I was going to ask if you were going to do some spear fishing this reach. That would be a great skill to learn and enjoy! What do you do with your catch? I assume knowing you that you make sure everyone around you enjoys the catch of the day! I figure you have a favorite chef that does it up right....enjoy this reach to the max (like always)

User Info Menu

Re: Gerry G's TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR Final Chapter -- The Mighty Californian's return

This is going to be a good trip here!!~Enjoy gerryg!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Hey Gerry enjoy the reach, not like there was ever a question! Your saying in the new rooms at Seastar right? At least I think that's what you posted a while back. I am in room 17 in Early January and would love a sneak peak of the room and the view if you can . Looking forward to your updates, it will help pass my 18 day countdown .

Have a great holiday!
    Cheers
    W99
    “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live!” - Bob Marley

User Info Menu

nice meeting Gerry123 this week and him loves his Jamaican food............yah mon

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Walleye D, you're welcome in my Room 19 twenty-four hours a day, my friend. You can even sleep on the floor.

Quite an adventurous spear-fishing day today, but I'm in real-time now -- it's lunch time Wednesday at the Seastar Inn and I've managed to convince Barbara to serve me spaghetti as a side order with my lobster -- and soon we'll get to that spear-fish part when I catch up.

I will say this: I am having an incredible time, having totally surrendered myself to the sun, and I have not broken a single law all day.

Ya mon. Marko, see you at Bentley's tonight ....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    and I have not broken a single law all day.
    Gerry , it is still early!

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

Gerry,

See you at Seastar tomorrow afternoon!
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Right on!

User Info Menu

MC you should just move to Negril...

See you in a few days my friend.