Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Trip Report, Day 7, June 8, 2011--Here Comes the Sun!

User Info Menu

Trip Report, Day 7, June 8, 2011--Here Comes the Sun!

Day 7—Thursday--Here Comes the Sun!

Here comes the sun…..here comes the sun…..YAY SUN! Woke up to sunny skies and the air had dried out considerably. Debated jumping off the cliff for a morning snorkel or eating breakfast for the first time since leaving CCLP. Breakfast won out.

Decided to try Jus Natural for breakfast. Just across the street and to the North by a few meters is Jus Natural. Theresa is the hostess and whoever was cooking was on it!! The prices are very reasonable. I had a calalloo omelet and Tam had the tuna salad sandwich. Both of which were jus fine! $1000J or so for the food, large coffee and RS. Served reasonably fast and with a HUGE smile.

After eating and walking back, we decided to soak up the rays, oceanside, in the ocean, poolside and in the pool. It was the first day of the trip that the sun was out for soooo long, the ocean was nice and warm and the day was about perfect. So, after spending the better part of the morning/afternoon in this manner…we decided to head to Canoe for the webcast. Rob was there early and we had a short chat. It was conch fritters and onion rings to munch on, and they were great! Possibly in the top ten onion rings of all time! After a few RS’s and the fun novelty of chatting live from Canoe on realnegril.com, it was time to head back up the hill to catch the sunset. I know the sunset is great at Canoe, but Tam wanted to catch it from the cliffs, either at Xtabi or...shudder....R###s.

We stopped at LTU for a drink(friendly staff!) but no real sunset view so then over to R###k’s nextdoor to watch the tourists watch the sunset. Good people watching! The sunset wasn’t super, but it was the first we had seen in almost a week! The drinks weren't outrageously priced and we met some very cool travelers including an expat Jamaican who came home to travel all over JA with her Jamaican mother. Off to Pushcart at the Rockhouse for dinner.

As last year, a great dinner with a mento band playing in the background. Really good service and a chill vibe. I had the curry goat and Tam had the Yah Mon jerk plate. $30us before beers was a good value for the quantity and quality of food we had. In fact, we could have gotten by with just one entrée! We stayed and watched a little of the basketball playoffs, then walked back to Xtabi. Nightcaps on the veranda and then off to bed.

The air was very still, warm and humid tonight and the fan wasn’t going to get the job done. We had to sleep sans sheet in the buff and it was still too warm. It cooled down around 3 or 4 am and we both fell into a deep sleep until 8 the next morning.

Hope everyone is enjoying these reports. If you have any questions/comments, don't hesitate to post them or you can message me.

RR
    Last edited by RockRobster; 06-26-2011 at 03:22 PM.
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

Theresa was cooking? Normally her brother Emille does the cooking. I've worked in the kitchen with him and the man is a master!

User Info Menu

Come to think of it.....we never saw who cooked....Tam and I just assumed it was Theresa.....we ate there 4 times and only twice was there another couple dining there....hmmm....I will revise the TR to reflect that Theresa served us and we didn't really know who was cooking!!! That's a lot of staff for just Tam and I!!
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

Emille normally stays behind the scenes. He's a super nice guy. Make it a point to meet him next time :-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RockRobster View Post
    I know the sunset is great at Canoe, but Tam wanted to catch it from the cliffs, either at Xtabi or...shudder....R###s. .
    LOL - Yeah, We did a sunset at "R###s" too. The drink prices were ridiculous, but you're right, it did have good people watching!

Glad you were able to enjoy some sunshine!

Thanks for continuing this trip report. I'm always happy when I see a new update
    Looking forward to reading more!
    Carpe Diem