Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: 35 Sunsets Slices of Salt Life from the Capital of Cool

User Info Menu

Re: * * * * 35 Sunsets - Slices of ‘Salt Life’ from the Capital of Cool * * * *

Nice met some of the cast last year. Hope to meet some more this year. Great people.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Thanks K3! This is like a special little treat just for loyal boardies.

User Info Menu

Can't wait. Feels like winter will never end here in NY. The reports and pictures always help.

User Info Menu

Excellent! I'm really looking forward to this! Have a great reach.
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

I don't think there ever is a "dull" moment in Negril, just relaxing & laid back, which is exactly what I enjoy too. Can't wait to read the rest of your story.
    Heavenly Negril Trips:
    Feb '11, May '11, Sept '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Feb '12, Oct '12, Feb '13

User Info Menu

Ready for more, please.

User Info Menu

Great start.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boogzy View Post
    Great news. Looking forward to your perspective of a laid back report. Just to add a wee bit of excitement to your trip why don't you come to Tayons on Feb 15 and cheer us Canadians on in the annual Canada vs Jamaica pool tournament. respect Boogzy
    That sounds like fun - I'll be there!

Unlike last year's report, with Fabs, this will definately be a tame report that Rob/Lisa won't have to redact. So I hope I haven't raised any expectations.

The Crew:
    Like I said there is going to be a really big crew dropping in and out this reach. Somewhere around twenty-three, all told. Some of them old friends and acquaintances, some friends of friends, and some newbies.

But this year I’m really, really, super excited because my baby girl, Alex, will be coming!! Whoo Hoo! Well, she’s not really a baby anymore, she’s 28, but yah know, she’ll always be my baby girl. This will be Alex’s second trip to Negril. She came down in ’98 when Bea and I got married at Point Village. If you’ve read my travelogue, ‘Walk Good’, you might recognize Alex as ‘Hannah’. My wife Bea, incidentally, was ‘Amy’ in ‘Walk Good.’ Names were changed to protect the innocent. Alex and her beau Josh, arrive for eight days on Feb 16th.

My good buddy Shrek (his beach name) will be down for 16 days starting on Feb 4th. He’s bringing his mother Flo, who lives in Newfoundland, and his cute little daughter Marley, who is 7, along with him for the first week. Then Shrek’s Significant Other, Katt, will be down for the last ten days. Shrek and I are stoked to going to the Bob Marley bashment at MXIII on the night he arrives. By the way, Shrek’s daughter Marley was named after Bob – but her beach name is ‘Ragga’ – which is short for Raggamuffin.

Okay – I won’t go on too much about The Crew, instead I’ll introduce them and provide photos as they arrive on scene. They are really quite the eclectic group – you’ll see. Just wait ‘till you meet JT.

I’m finished packing. I had to triage my big suitcase to get it below the 50lbs that Air Canada allows. The last thing that went in was my big, comfortable pillow. It’s heavy, it’s bulky, but Oh so necessary.

My flight leaves Ottawa at 07:00 tomorrow, via Toronto, arriving in MoBay at 13:15. So, if Clive is on-time, I should be on the beach by four o’clock. Yah, mon, very soon come.
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

I actually went and bought one of those comfy pillows after you previously mentioned it. Takes a day or two to adapt, but once you do you will be grateful you made the switch.

User Info Menu

Yeah!! I am soooo looking forward to this!

[/url]