Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: best deals on airfare??

User Info Menu

Re: best deals on airfare??

I am as well..come back on Wednesday

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
    I've been playing the flight game for 30 years and the jumps recently are the worst I've seen. All airlines have taken the opportunity to stick it to us. I think your dreamin' if you thnk they're double.
    This has been my experience, as well. YMMV.

I like to find the cheapest airfare, but I also think it's worth it to pay a few extra bucks for a non-stop flight (especially when flying international). Where I live (Philly), if you want a non-stop flight to most destinations then US Air is the only game in town. I found that most 3rd party travel websites will only have a few dollars discount off the US Airways advertised price. This difference is easily made-up by the transaction/booking fees that the 3rd party websites charge. I've also found that flights with one stop are generally only ~$50 cheaper than non-stop flights. The savings are not worth the hassle, IMO.

The best deal - for me, at least - was to sign up for a US Airways MasterCard, and accumulate miles by making everyday purchases. I can then use the miles for airfare or first class upgrades.

I've never seen anything close to 1/2 off the US Air advertised price, although it may be possible with other airlines. I'll have to check out this ebookings website, and see what they offer.
    Last edited by Mike_D; 01-31-2013 at 02:27 PM.

User Info Menu

yeah man and especially cuz iam flying from a smaller airport i have to make 2 stops.. one in frisco and then one in philly or nc or flordia... we found some flights that are 15 hours which isnt to bad compared to 26 and up.. but iam gonna look into nonstop and see if its possible from medford.. thanks

User Info Menu

We use dto fly Northwest through Memphis....till they "merged' with Delta(got taken over by)...Memphis was NWAs hub, now everything has to go through the Atlanta(Delta) hub.....well folks, LOOK OUT!!!!.....cause the bankrupt American Airlines is about to "merge" with U.S. Airways, and I'm sure that the absolute worst logistical air carrier will all but destroy many of the flights connecting through Charlotte once this happens....look for most of these going through Dallas soon

User Info Menu

Philly airport is a nightmare ...connections are close ....you may have to take a shuttle to the other gates A & B...be prepared to run to your flight..