Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I know someone here knows the answer

User Info Menu

I know someone here knows the answer

Soo first off. I got my passport app sent in today.. Stoked!! As for my question. Iam trying to book a flight and wondering how you get flight insurance when booking thru someone like Priceline?? Our grandparents went on a cruise and there ship couldn't make it back in time for them to catch their flight back and ended up paying an extra $2000 to get home... When they could have gotten flight insurance for an extra $50 pp

User Info Menu

Re: I know someone here knows the answer

Google travel insurance and you will see many options. I personally usually use Travelguard, however there are several sites that do comparisons so that you can get exactly what you want.

User Info Menu

so its not something i get through the airlines or priceline??

User Info Menu

Sometimes the airlines offer it while purchasing... this is typically how I purchase it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 541lion View Post
    so its not something i get through the airlines or priceline??
    Sometimes they do, but it is usually pretty reserved as far as what it offers if something happens. I actually use square mouth to do my comparisons and they clearly spell out what is covered and what is not.

User Info Menu

awesome ill check it out thanks

User Info Menu

try insuremytrip.com also

User Info Menu

We also use Travel Gaurd.
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Squaremouth is awesome. They compare many companies, and show you the differences with different prices. Priceline is AWFUl for trip insurance. Unless you die (practically) - they will not pay. I bought their insurance for a three day trip to San Fran. Had strep, doc wrote a note that I should not travel due to being contagious, and they STILL would not refund! They said I could wear a MASK on the plane!

User Info Menu

Lots of issues to consider when buying travel insurance. My best advice would be to contact your insurance broker. They'll be able to provide you with the information needed to make informed choices and source your insurance with a carrier that best suits those requirements.