Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: day trip Half Moon beach vs Rhodes Hall

User Info Menu

day trip Half Moon beach vs Rhodes Hall

Looking for info on going to either of these beaches via route cab, not doing an organized tour. I know both have a restaurant and snorkeling. Please give feedback on these places-quality of snorkeling, ambiance, and food. I know Rhodes Hall has a $15 day pass that includes pick up and drop off from Negril.

User Info Menu

Re: day trip Half Moon beach vs Rhodes Hall

Rhodes Hall Plantation and Bayview Restraunt hands down!!!~Snorkling is on a protected reef.Not crowded at all!!~It feels like the palce is ALL yours.Horses,peacocks and chickens roam freely.550 acres of and old plantation.Chef Shane at Bayview is simply the BEST chef who WILL cater to you needs.You WILL NOT be disappointted with the restraunt and the plantation!!HANDS DOWN THE BEST IN MY BOOK~JMO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

I could be wrong but i think it is $20.00

User Info Menu

We just went to Rhodes Hall last week and it was amazing. If you take a route taxi, the cost is $5 pp for a day pass. You can rent towels for an additional $5. The charge for transportation and a day pass is $20 pp from the beach road., pick up around 9:30 and return at 3:30. They have snorkel gear for rent as well for $5. You won't be disapointed.
    2013-Catcha/Idle Awhile 2012-Catcha/Idle Awhile 2011-Catcha/Tree House 2010-SeaSplash 2009-SATP 2008-SATP

User Info Menu

I have been to half moon a couple times it is really nice and food was good. I also did horse ride at Rhodes hall that was way awesome I think Rhodes might have a better selection of things to do.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Rhodes does have more to do, but Half Moon Beach has a bit more of an away-from-it-all feel, and that's an important element .... Rhodes has much better snorkeling, based on the fact I snorkeled Half Moon for like a half hour and saw NOTHING .... Rhodes has always been five dollars when I arrive at the gate, but they're advertising now that's it more money -- that's kind of a Jamaica thing, you just have to go with the flow ... Half Moon is free, and the food is amazingly good, even for Negril; never ate at Rhodes but have heard good things, mostly from Vince who is incredibly loyal to that place .... Some of the rooms at Rhodes look amazing.

Updated: Rhodes also has a pool, and that's a huge plus (saltwater pumped from ocean, it's cool); nice to have a Scooter and do both places!

User Info Menu

I am really excited to give Rhodes Hall a try in April. There is a group of us coming to Negril for wedding so we might gather some of the troops for a day trip... Any one have pictures they can post?

User Info Menu

I have tons of pics of Rhodes on my facebook acct.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

It was a cloudy day but here is a view of the water front. There is also a beach area but no pics of that.
    Name:  RH 2013.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  98.7 KB
    2013-Catcha/Idle Awhile 2012-Catcha/Idle Awhile 2011-Catcha/Tree House 2010-SeaSplash 2009-SATP 2008-SATP

User Info Menu

This is a link to the OneStop page with lots of pics
    http://www.negrilonestop.com/rhodeshall_photos.shtml