Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: 1st trip to Jamaica...

User Info Menu

1st trip to Jamaica...

Going to Negril 8 nights mid April. 1st trip after dreaming of Jamaica and lurking this and other forums for a lot of years. Kind of a happy 50th birthday to me. 1st 4 nights on the cliffs at Xtabi, the 2nd 4 nights at an AI, Couples Negril. Glad to be doing a little of both worlds. Couples will take us back to the airport for free but won't pick us up since we aren't staying there on arrival. Xtabi said they will arrange travel $60 for the two of us. Anybody know what kind of trasport that might be? Or... would be as well off arranging our own travel to Xtabi? I have read so many of these posts I almost feel I have been there before. Thank you all for the great info and stories that are shared.

User Info Menu

Re: 1st trip to Jamaica...

I believe Xtabi would use Kingsley with takecaretours@hotmail.com as that's his base. When booking directly with him, it's $50 for a private ride and he'll supply a cold drink at pick up. He'll also stop for supplies or whatever you like along the way. I'm using him mid-April as well...and I'm also celebrating my 50th birthday!

Have a wonderful birthday and vacation!

User Info Menu

That seems to be the going rate for a private taxi. I just returned last week & paid $50. Each way for 1 person with Take Care Tours. Great drivers!

User Info Menu

We had Kingsley both ways when we stayed at Xtabi a few trips ago. First class ride w/great tunes. Ja mon

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Just stayed at OCF cottage #3 at Xtabi...Very cool....Go snorkeling to the left by 3 dives,nice reef....I stayed at CN in the gardens rooms and loved it....When you go back to the airport on the bus with the "other" AI guest you will look with envy at those in a private car..It's just more Jamaican...Especially leaving,those buses are like your'e going to a funeral....
    In a private car at least you have music and can stop at a roadside bar for that "last" Red Stripe...

User Info Menu

Not sure about transportation, but I will say that you will fall in love with Jamaica. One thing I do ( no matter what Caribbean island I am going to), is I bring some school supplies with me for the local children. I also bring little gifts such as pretty body lotions for the ladies and sand paper for the wood carving vendors. This stuff is extremely cheap in the states, but expensive in Jamaica. The Caribbean may be paradise for non locals, but in all reality, these people work extremely hard for very little money. Anything you can bring from here to show you care is so greatly appreciated by the Jamacians. Enjoy your trip!

User Info Menu

Thanks all. I booked with Kingsley. Fred Stripe, you had me at "stop at a roadside bar for that "last" Red Stripe". I'll have to contact kingsley and let him know we need a ride both ways. It does sould a little anticlimactic to end a week in paridise on a bus. The plane trip home is touture enough. We are staying in a Garden room at Xtabi and Deluxe Beachfront at CN. Anyone know if Xtabi has a frig in those rooms?

User Info Menu

Going April 1st-23rd! Transport is part of our deal,but we have done the "bus" before. Much prefer private driver tho,so opting to pay our own way. Especially on the return to the airport. The bus could have several stops on the way to pick up other passengers. In November my husband was running late in getting to his gate because the bus driver went to the same location twice to pick up someone that wasn't present the first time he pulled in to get them! Besides that first cold Red Stripe,and exhale means the vacation has officially begun!!! Enjoy your trip Brewticus!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brewticus View Post
    Thanks all. I booked with Kingsley. Fred Stripe, you had me at "stop at a roadside bar for that "last" Red Stripe". I'll have to contact kingsley and let him know we need a ride both ways. It does sould a little anticlimactic to end a week in paridise on a bus. The plane trip home is touture enough. We are staying in a Garden room at Xtabi and Deluxe Beachfront at CN. Anyone know if Xtabi has a frig in those rooms?
    The garden rooms don't have a frig unless they have added them. We always have a cooler and kept a "mini bar" in our room which truly saves a lot of cash. You are going to have a ball. BTW, Kingsley is a real sweetheart. Have known him for years! Tell him Sharon sends him a big hug up and that I hope the sunglasses are being enjoyed!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Make sure you take A long walk down the beach towards town (South) . Stop along the way and take in the vibe and meet new friends. Limo Mon advise for 1st timer Leave the bling at home, pack less clothes and take more cash enjoy.