Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: new to TB

User Info Menu

new to TB

We would like to visit TB area around july 4. Three of us would need two bedrooms.We would like a large refrigerater, microwave, and coffee maker. A-C a must.Ocean view would be fantastic. We would love to go out fishing with someone. Probably stay 3-4 nights then move on to negril. I look forward to some good ideas from others who have done this. THANK YOU

User Info Menu

Re: new to TB

If you hadn't yet, check out treasurebeach.net. It has lots of useful info and a forum. There would be a lot of options for you that time a year. I've only been twice and not rented a house so don't have recommendations. But plenty people go down for months in the winter so you'll find something perfect no doubt.

User Info Menu

Thanks Dwest, will do. Will you go back to TB ?

User Info Menu

I gonna be there in one week and one day! Four days at Sunset Resort and ten days at Westender, Negril! I love both places and know people that go for extended periods of time to TB...it would be a great winter escape plan. It's nothing like Negril. The beaches, while there are a few nice ones, are not that endless white sand turquoise water. It's a very strong involved community with a literary festival yearly called Calabash I think. A lot of interesting people wit a commitment to sustainable development. No mega resorts. Tourism is a factor but it doesn't feel like its the only show in town. Elizabeth parish is the 'bread basket" of Jamaica so farming and gardening is big.

User Info Menu

Yes to treasurebeach.net. Look I to Villa Arcadia.
    Have had wonderful times there. Pool, cook, privacy.
    Beach just a short walk.
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool