Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Negril is better than ever! I am here, and I am having a GOOD time!

User Info Menu

For the whole family from Legends to RH and up to Seastar and then back to Legends--40 seems fair--with all the wait times in between that is a pretty good deal for charter style I would think.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RyanP View Post
    So does this roof party/bar have a name? Seems like I recall it being mentioned on here before.
    winners rooftop - i have been there - good times

User Info Menu

Just want to add my holy 2 piece here but what Gerry described up there was like Scrub A Dub style and I must say in the few times I was ther this last year or so it was never quite that wild so he must have hit it on the very right nights.
    Gerry just a thought from a newby like myself make sure when you are joining parties and such that you are welcome there or have been invited, not winners in particular but in general some parties and some activities the locals like to partake in without tourists sometimes. A solo large white man talking about his corvette back home may stir some trouble you were not welcoming on your vacation. Girls can pull this off far more easily than men, but I must say knowing just the little I do about Jamaica I sometimes worry about you.
    Remember we are guests in their country, it is their jobs to be friendly when working, doesn't mean they have to be friends and hang around with us when off the clock.

Children Are Our Tomorrow !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shellyk View Post
    A solo large white man talking about his corvette back home may stir some trouble you were not welcoming on your vacation. Girls can pull this off far more easily than men, but I must say knowing just the little I do about Jamaica I sometimes worry about you.
    Remember we are guests in their country, it is their jobs to be friendly when working, doesn't mean they have to be friends and hang around with us when off the clock.
    i must say i agree with you. i went there with my local friend who knew some people there. we had a good time -it is a scrub a dub type place imo, and there are some ladies dancing, and probably more going on.. but it was a chill atmosphere and very nice environment on the rooftop like that.. that being said i would certainly be VERY cautious about going there alone.. and keeping personal info top your self is important at all times, but even more in places lilke this - with no other tourists around - a few bad apples spoil the bunch in jamaica - and my guess they hang out here.. lol

User Info Menu

Sooooooo this isn't the type of party spot my sister needs to go to alone (or at all for that matter)?

User Info Menu

Nah, I have a pretty good feel for the Negril party scene, having been here a lot thru the years, and the roof party was a very chill vibe -- plus, I have a very friendly style, so I was at ease. It was a club feel, with security at the door collecting entrance fees (two dollars! what a deal!) and all that stuff.
    Last edited by gerryg123; 07-14-2011 at 12:56 PM.

User Info Menu

It's amazing the wonderful value of the phrase "yah mon." I use it constantly, and it just brings a level of comfort cause everyone always says "yah mon" right back to me, and I feel like we're fast friends!

I ended up heading back to seven mile late last nite -- the ex wanted some stuff from the store and was with the two kids in her room at Legends -- so I stopped in, chilled a bit on the porch at Legends (very impressed with that place ... for 35 bucks or night or whatever, that's a pretty SICK deal), and then I took the kids for a little walk to hang with the Jerk chicken guys out front.

The little one who is 5 saw a HUGE land crab cruising across the street, and one of the Jerk guys caught it for her to show her the crab (I asked him to and tipped him), and it was pretty cool. Fool was big with pretty big claws. The guy said it was pregnant, too, so that's why he would not eat it. He also said if that claw clamps down on a little finger, you've got real problems .... Fun times, kid was really excited about seeing it up close.

Went to Alfreds solo for just a moment, not a good vibe in that place. Bunch of ho's tryin' to hustle me (instead of the other around, ha ha) .... There are a couple of new yardies that have checked into Seastar Inn, but it's still pretty quiet here .....
    Last edited by gerryg123; 07-14-2011 at 12:58 PM.

User Info Menu

It's amazing the wonderful value of the phrase "yah mon." I use it constantly, and it just brings a level of comfort cause everyone always says "yah mon" right back to me, and I feel like we're fast friends!

I ended up heading back to seven mile late last nite -- the ex wanted some stuff from the store and was with the two kids in her room at Legends -- so I stopped in, chilled a bit on the porch at Legends (very impressed with that place ... for 35 bucks or night or whatever, that's a pretty SICK deal), and then I took the kids for a little walk to hang with the Jerk chicken guys out front.

The little one who is 5 saw a HUGE land crab cruising across the street, and one of the Jerk guys caught for her to show her the crab (I asked him to and tipped him), and it was pretty cool. Fool was big with pretty big claws. The guy said it was pregnant, too, so that's why he would not eat it. He also said if that claw clamps down on a little finger, you've got real problems .... Fun times, kid was really excited about seeing it up close.

Went to Alfreds solo for just a moment, not a good vibe in that place. Bunch of ho's tryin' to hustle me (instead of the other around, ha ha) .... There are a couple of new yardies that have checked into Seastar Inn, but it's still pretty quiet here .....

User Info Menu

Sounds like you are having a fab time solo and with the fam. Also seems like you doing a good job of keeping the boo and the wifey seperate! Enjoy, enjoy, ENJOY!!!

User Info Menu

After taking care of some business (god it's hard to work in Negril, did I mention that?), I met the ex and kids on the beach, and then we took the Kuyaba boat out for a snorkel/Booby Cay run. We negotiated for a few minutes, settled on 50 dollars for two hours or so (two snorkelers) and off we went. Dude was driving the boat way slow, trying to save gas I assume, and that was a bit bothersome, but it was all irie. We stopped at the canon, and wow there were a lot of fish today --- as lively as I've ever seen it in Negril.

The 7 year old even was convinced to give it a try, and she liked it, gotta admit the guy did a good job teaching her ..... We got back in the boat, other dude was still out there for a few minutes spear fishing but he came back soon enough when the mate yelled at him to hurry up cause we were all waitin ... He caught three fish, including one of those triangle style ones that kind of flutter along and look like a puffer fish.

At Booby Cay, we saw a couple of rays swimming near the shore, which was very cool .... Another local came along, having just caught a LION FISH .... He cooked it, too! Everyone is very excited for lobster season starting tomorrow!!!

I guess they've really cracked down on illegal lobsters cause I haven't seen any at all ....

Dude was motoring back way slow, I had to say something .... I am talking like 5 mph the whole way, it took nearly an hour to get from booby cay to Legends -- still tipped well (75 total) but the ex was pissed cause she was hungry and wanted to hit the restaurant .... He said he was afraid to run out of gas, but that should not have been my problem! Still a fun time. I can think of worse ways to idle away the hours than cruising on beautiful Negril ocean, perfect weather, etc.

Still have to do a bit of work, make a few calls. I think I will take the puter to Xtabi and chill on the cliffs. I still have to make my big jump.