Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 29 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Negril is better than ever! I am here, and I am having a GOOD time!

User Info Menu

Negril is better than ever! I am here, and I am having a GOOD time!

Hey folks, well the long anticipation is finally over. I arrived in Negril late last nite, and it's been a whirlwind 24 hours.

The pilot did a great job and got us early. For once, I had a business class seat (had to, only way I could use miles), so I was FIRST off the plane and FIRST in the immigration line and FIRST to get my luggage (our flight was the only arrival) and FIRST to get out of there ....

Henry, the driver for Seastar Inn, met me, and he was a really nice guy. We made one pit stop a bit past Lucea for a drink and a smoke, then it was off to the Seastar. Oh wait, first I stopped at JahB's to see if I could rent a scooter at 930 at night, but he said through a closed door that I had to wait until tomorrow. What a dump that place is, sorry but it's true. Trash all over, really rundown ....

I got to the Seastar and checked in. They were nice enough to upgrade me to a great room with a king bed and kitchenette, and the room is really good shape, and the AC blows cold. No complaints at all. I took a quick shower, then ate a pizza -- spectacularly good for Jamaica, I would say, and the pizza even would be considered good in Los Angeles. I had sent a post a while back about the funky tasting pizza in Negril (the RIU pizza is BAD BAD BAD), but this pie was nice. I still have half of it in my fridge!

I downed a dirty banana, then called Patrick Tate, on a recommendation from the board, to come pick me up and take me out. We negotiated hard to go the the roof party near roundabout -- I told him I wanted to pay 20 dollars and needed him an hour or so, but wasn't sure if I would make another stop. He didn't like that!

Anyway, I got the club, and it was a crazy scene -- like a regular nightclub with everyone drinking and having a good time, combined with being a strip club with hot young woman dancing seductively in g-strings, etc. -- it was gettin' hot in there, baby!

User Info Menu

I had a quick rum punch (four dollars USA), and it was a strong drink. I made a face to the bartender like wow, this is strong. She chastised me for not mixing it up well! Then I started chillin with some of the girls, getting a little frisky, but I couldn't stay too long cause the driver was waiting, still a little perturbed about not getting a big enough fare, and plus he had a woman with him in the front seat, so I figured he wanted to go home. Through the course of our conversation, it came out that I used to drive a Corvette, so then he asked why if I am rich I wouldn't pay him more money. Obviously, he doesn't know Corvettes -- that thing was in the shop so much that it's what MADE me poor, ha ha!

User Info Menu

I fell into a deep sleep once I got back to my Seastar room, happy and thrilled to be on the onset of a new Negril adventure. My thinking has always been that vacations and traveling are about pushing your limits -- you eat more, you party more, you play more, you spend more, etc. I work hard for my money, and I want to get in as much fun and activities as possible.

I woke up around 8 a.m., and of course I was obsessed about getting a Scooter -- one of my gerryg123 trademarks. Tykes was on the corner, but he would not play ball with me (I don't pay more than $20 per day, and I don't give credit card imprints, though I do pay in full in advance). So a route taxi drove me to Gas, and we struck a deal.
    Last edited by gerryg123; 06-28-2011 at 09:36 PM.

User Info Menu

YAY.. A GerryG report! Keep em' coming! ... Good to know Gas got you a deal.. I plan to try him out next month.
    "Live for today as tomorrow is not promised" Live....Love....Laugh....

User Info Menu

Oh by the way, there are only two rooms occupied at the moment at the Seastar Inn -- me and a nice couple of Canada named M & G I think, really nice folks. They were drinking hard on their balconey when I first arrived.

Anyway, went to digicel to top up my minutes on my phone from the last time I was in Negril two months ago. I knew my ex wife and two daughters would be arriving today and staying at Legends, so I went to Legends to try and get them an upgrade from garden side across the street to beachside near the restaurant. I knew my ex would freak if she had to cross the street. This was actually quite a project. I had emailed the hotel requesting a complimentary upgrade, no reply. Found another email, in conjunction with Samsara, and they said they would be happy to upgrade me (i had hinted I am active on a couple of travel sites) as long as I paid them an extra $20 per day!

I showed up, talked to them a bit, and they were nice enough to give them the upgrade, so at least that was settled. Then I went to visit Banton, near the Westender, a little bar owner that I've come to befriend, and we caught up on what's been happening in the hills, and then I picked up my Jamaican girlfriend, Jodie, and we headed to the Seastar to hang out (I have to tread this carefully between the two social sets that don't know about each other). We ate, swam, smoked, etc., and then she went to visit a friend who unfortunately had just had a miscarriage today, so I went back the my yard, then went to Bar B Barn (I will be staying there later in the week to be closer to Legends) and had a drink and a floated around on a raft on the ocean. Soon my ex and my kids arrived, so I greeted them at Legends, hung with the security guards Donovan and Michael (both great guys), and took a swim with the kids.

User Info Menu

It was getting late in the afternoon and I wanted to hang with yardies at the Three Dives party, so I met them there and Rob, of course, who was in a great mood as always (oh ya, saw Rob at my yard before that, he loves Seastar Inn). They were playing loud house music from car speakers on 10, so I made my goodbyes just as the sun was getting ready to set (stuck behind clouds, hate when that happens). I went back to Legends to visit the kids, then went to RIU to visit some old friends and say hi to my fav cabbie P King (wasn't there, tho), then back to Bar B Barn for quick visit, then back to my yard. It's about 1030, and I just had a red bull, so I'm thinking I will go out, but not quite sure yet ..... to be continued .....

User Info Menu

Wow! I'm tired just reading all the things you have done thus far! This sounds like its going to be a good one...
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

OH GERRY YOU REBEL YOU!!!!!
    Make sure you tread real careful to keep all them different woman seperated. I bet you were a hit at the roof party! Behave you crazy man behave!

Children Are Our Tomorrow !

User Info Menu

Ya, I think I was the ONLY tourist at the roof party! That's some wild stuff, folks ....

User Info Menu

LOL my kind of day gerry!
    good to hear you are enjoying yourself,wondering if you managed to head to a bar club and afterparty like I would have or if you hit the sack and started giving some zzzz.Suprise me gerry!
    So whos idea was it to have the ex wife in Negril at the same time as you?Or are you showing them all around?are they enjoying themselves?how old are your children?