Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changes in TB

User Info Menu

Changes in TB

Things never change right? Wrong - We were in TB for a week in Feb. Took a walk down to the steps to nowhere (across from Sandy Rose/Villa Arcadia) - used to watch sunsets there. A house has gone up - within the past year too - the interior of the house is not quite finished, but almost. The exterior is done (nice blue and white concrete).

Walked down the road toward Billys Bay from there. We used to take the goat path to a beautiful secluded small beach (known as Clark's beach). There is a fence up now that says no trespassing - turtle sanctuary or something like that. You can still get to Clark's beach by walking down the beach/rock which we did one day. There were several people fishing and a couple people sitting in the sun. Never saw anyone at that beach before.

The property next to Clark's beach is also fenced off - it appears they are putting in bathrooms and a couple of thatched covered tables. We were told someone from Mandeville bought it so they would have a place to go on weekends. Looked more commercial than private to us.

Go down the road further, there is a place going up between Minerva and Terrazas - right now just a concrete pavilion with a curving road being built to go to beach - have been told a house and pool will be put in.

Police are also trying to charge rental villas a fee to use the beach in front of their properties.

Oh well, just thought I would pass on a few observations of changes in TB as we were quite surprised and had not heard of any of these changes before we got there.

User Info Menu

Re: Changes in TB

Thanks

User Info Menu

Our last visit 2 HUGE houses went up right in front of Great Bay beach. I was told they will be villa rentals.

HOW?! can the police charge for beach usage?

User Info Menu

Oh NO......the steps to no where......Our favorite place early morning with coffee.......Sunsets with rum and oj.......
    Changes are a coming.
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

would you vets still recommend it as a place for a newb that isnt into the whole touristy scene and wants to mingle with the locals?? the thing about the police trying to charge for beach access is scary... we all know police can do as they please behind curtain.. in any country!!

User Info Menu

TB has prices in most every range. What are your needs? TV? Hot water? Pool? Ocean view? Bare bones but clean? Electricity? Quiet nights?
    As far as mingling, you can dine and drink with locals most everywhere.

User Info Menu

I have found out it isn't the police, it is the National Environmental and Planning Agency. It appears they are trying to get the villa owners who own property on the beach to pay for a beach license. So it is not like the police are on the beach hassling anyone (tourists or locals)

I agree with MilwaukeeMike - you can find something in every price range and you can definitely mingle with the locals in TB. Check out Treasure Beach.net - places to stay and you will get a lot of information of what is available.

User Info Menu

Well I can spend about 100 each night in TB.. I've been looking at treasure beach dot net for a while now.. Do you think jakes would give me a good walk in rate during the summer?? I'd like to be on that area.. Right around the fishermans nightclub .. Our needs or wants are ocean view with balcony, hot water, and clean.. Thank u guys

User Info Menu

Negril One Stop is running a special at Treasure Beach hotel for $75 a night including taxes. We thought it was a pretty sweet deal.

Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

Oh YES GO>>>>>> do not miss TREASURE BEACH. Even with the growth it is still along ways from being NEGRIL.
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool