Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trying to reason with hurricane season

User Info Menu

We are going the last week in August, still hurricane season...hoping for the best.
    I LEFT MY HEART IN JAMAICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Turtle Towers, Ochie '85~Seawind, MoBay '89~Jamaica Grande, Ochie '99~Pebbles, Falmouth '09~Coco La Palm, Negril '11

http://www.tickerfactory.com/

User Info Menu

Went down Oct6-16th, 2007 and had one sunny day and 9 days of POOURING rain. Never will do another Oct for me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blandy1 View Post
    We are going the last of Oct. thru the 8th of Nov., so hoping we will be spared ay hurricanes!! Did not take any insurance, should we?
    you'll be okay then...........

the period with the highest probability of Tropical Storms is from August 15th to the first week in October............same as Florida
    mi would never take a chance of going to Jamaica in September.........unless mi was feeling, really really lucky...........lol

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Hurricane was coming the day I was leaving. The Airport was closed.

When I called, Airline Information told me that i could go to the airport on wednesday (It was Sunday)and fight for a seat with 1,000 other tourist trying to get home.

I said "forget that".

My hotel let me stay 6 more days for free!

"pay us when you come back Mr. Spoon" is all they said.

It was glorious.
    When the hurricane came , I think it was Emily or Dennis.
    About 5-6 years ago when they hit back to back.
    Anyone remember?

Funny though, I was so happy when the hurricane hit the week before i was to leave.
    "there could not be another one too soon" I said to myself.

Man, was I wrong.

The hurricane was something to behold.
    Very different colors in the sky.

Folks still out and abouot, not many, but some.

Good thing my in- laws shop was still open that morning.

We ran over, stocked up on all kinds of things and headed back to the hotel.

Fun was had by all.

User Info Menu

Yep, that was 2004 Markospoon
    We had a hurricane every weekend in Florida for about 4 weeks....every week someone else hosted the hurricane party....what else was there to do? Lol

User Info Menu

I just booked for Oct 18-26... I've only ever been to Negril in Feb, so I feel like this is risky, but the deal was too good to pass up.. Like you said, go with the flow. A bad day in Jamaica is still better than a good day at my desk?

User Info Menu

I've been 4 times in September. Two times I had great weather and two times it rained my entire trip! I don't plan to travel to Jamaica in September again. I love the beach and that is my one of my main purposes for travelling to Negril.