Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~~ Sweetness Trip Reports - Day ONE (Part 1) ~~

User Info Menu

Cool ~~ Sweetness Trip Reports - Day ONE (Part 1) ~~

“Jamaica so so sweet”

I had a great trip and I am so grateful to be able to go again when I was just there in January. I hope you all enjoy hearing about my reach as much as I am enjoying reliving it.

As mentioned earlier….a few bumps but nothing that spoiled my joy. I did come home a few days early for the first time but I did all I wanted to do and I am glad I went. My dad is not well and it was weighing on my heart so I really wanted to get back and check on things (thanks for everyone’s prayers and kind words….they lift me up).
    One of the bumps was that I had some money “thiefed.” not going to give details of how, when, where, who….its not important…it was my fault and I should know better. My friends in JA came to my rescue and gave me money, meals, help, everything I needed to get thru just fine so again so many lessons. Nuff bout that….on to the trip reports and pictures!!!

Wish I could write like the lovely Clarity and Marcus but my reports will be mostly pics that tell the story and some “moments” described. So lets get ready to RUMBLE (lol)

Day 1 – Travel Day
    Up at 3:00 am (oh what we do to get to JA lol) and to the airport to be greeted by my first PAT DOWN….no big deal at all….very respectful, brief and non-evasive. Skipping the travel hell parts…yuk…dislike all of it….then finally….out the right windows of plane is beautiful JAMAICA…..always takes my breath away and brings tears of joy….every TIME. Cheers as we land (love that part) !!!!!
    [sorry - you will have to click on the pics to see them bigger - better on next report]

Name:  Jamaica June 2011 - 006 (Small).jpg
Views: 289
Size:  30.5 KB

At the baggage area we were greeted by a lovely trio playing sweet music. I smiled got my bags and then went over and asked permission to take a photo….The maraca player said only if I sat down and played with them and let a random lady take the picture….oh the love right off the bat…..what a moment…..as I was leaving they asked me “first time in Jamaica?” and I pulled up my best patois and looked them in the eyes and said “Nooo sah” to which they erupted in laughter….(“yah hear her accent she say Noooo sah!!!) LOL so hilarious – needless to say I walked away BEAMING……
    Name:  Jamaica June 2011 - 013 (Small).jpg
Views: 356
Size:  41.1 KB

Clives was right on time and had a cold wata for me and we headed out – the driver had the cutest doctor bird hangin from his rearview mirror. The Driva shared so many facts about Jamaica – it was amazing. Two resort couples with us were cool.
    Name:  Jamaica June 2011 - 029 (Small).jpg
Views: 329
Size:  37.3 KB

I am giddy with excitement and cannot stop snapping pictures. LOL I think I took a couple hundred just on that ride out of 736 total (lol). Never tire of the view as we pass the mountains, sea, towns, every ting!!! The ponciana trees were in bloom and stunning!
    We all agreed NO STOPS this time…..straight to Negril!!!! Drop off at Sandals – then the driva told me in confidence….I have to be careful what I say in front of the A/I tourist so they won’t find something to complain about. It made me feel good he was comfortable with me. Arrival at the amazing…..TENSING PEN…..Day One – Part 2 soon come.
    Name:  Jamaica June 2011 - 019 (Small).jpg
Views: 281
Size:  44.8 KB

Name:  Jamaica June 2011 - 041 (Small).jpg
Views: 277
Size:  43.4 KB

Name:  Jamaica June 2011 - 048 (Small).jpg
Views: 317
Size:  90.0 KB

Name:  Jamaica June 2011 - 047 (Small).jpg
Views: 227
Size:  54.3 KB

Name:  Jamaica June 2011 - 074 (Small).jpg
Views: 298
Size:  65.8 KB

Name:  Jamaica June 2011 - 077 (Small).jpg
Views: 296
Size:  58.7 KB

Attachment 2306
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Thanks for your lovely "start" to your report....hope more is coming soon. I never can understand why people complain about the ride from the airport to the resort. I always loved that part of the "journey". I would just literally soak up all I could of the luscious, tropical scenery along the way, my excitement mounting as I neared Negril....it was a big part of the whole trip to me! Lovely pics!!

User Info Menu

Thanks North Coast.....many many more photos to come. This time the ride to the airport was wonderful too....normally I am sad and heart heavy but I was so relaxed and filled up even that ride was great.....the smells, sounds and sights.....so much of what I love about JA.
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Sweetness!!! Happy you are home safe and glad to hear you had a pleasant reach despite all the bumps...I can't wait to hear what you thought of Tensing Pen!

Great start so far...I just LOVE your pic with the music trio in the airport, what a great start to your trip!

User Info Menu

Awesome start to your trip report! I loved all the beautiful pictures! Such amazing views! You look so happy with the Maraca band. That's my favorite one of the bunch!

I'm so sorry to hear about the bump in the road you encountered, It pains me to think someone would do that to you. I'm so glad to hear your JA friends were there for you and helped you out. I'm also glad that this didn't stop you from enjoying your time in Jamaica and making the most of it. I hope your father's health improves soon. My thoughts and prayers are going out to you and your family.

Thank you for sharing this. I'm really Looking forward to the next update!
    Last edited by Clarity; 07-02-2011 at 06:18 PM.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Sweetness, I always enjoy your trip reports.

User Info Menu

Yea!! Great start Sweetness.

User Info Menu

You are so sweet Daisy!!!......I checked for Greeny twice but the English Rose was closed but I asked around and a guy that works at BarBBarn (Mark) said he sees him all the time and promised to deliver the photos to him of you, Marcus and band. I know it will bring him JOY. thank you for your kind words. They touch me deeply and lift me up.

Marley my friend....sooooo many pics of Tensing. Part 2 coming next. It was amazing!!!! in every way.

Thanks NA and Miss Pretty....so much fun to look at the pics full screen and think back to the moments.
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Oh I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed Tensing, but I just knew you would, it's hard not to at that place. We were there just after the storm and there was a lot of damage, bridge was gone, hammock hut destroyed but still everywhere I looked was pure beauty....just love that place...can't wait to see your pictures!
    Did you get a glimpse of the puppies? They posted some pics on their facebook page, looked so cute!

User Info Menu

Sweetness - THANK YOU so much for checking for Greeny at the English rose and for leaving those pictures with Mark!
    That was so kind of you to do that for us and That truly means a lot!! We're so happy that he'll be seeing those pictures and knows that we're thinking about him! You made our day!!
    Much love,
    Markus & Daisy
    Last edited by Clarity; 07-02-2011 at 09:23 PM.
    Carpe Diem