Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Walking from the Negril Aerodome to Couples Negril

User Info Menu

Re: Walking from the Negril Aerodome to Couples Negril

Yes, I thought $10 was a bit much too, but I was too tired from traveling to negotiate. I don't think I tipped the driver since he was hitting me for $10 to begin with. I figured that for the two of us and all of my wife's shoes, $10 total was doable . I probably should have just waled out to the street and hailed a route taxi for JA$200.
    Last edited by Johio; 03-19-2013 at 10:27 AM.
    Johio

User Info Menu

LOL!! I used to bring about 15 pairs of shoes for 10 days. Over the years I've got that number down to 4 pairs. Yay me! *and yay for the husband*
    [=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Kathy's right on the distance from Hedo. You'll be fine as long as you cross the street to make sure to walk against the traffic...remember they drive on the left. There's always taxis waiting at the Areodrome so if you decide to to that they're there. Wish I new theirs names cause they always reconize me when I land there so we catch up on the last year & have some laughs. They know I have a buddy picking me up so they don't offer. This years trip (1/28-3/6) has come & gone unfortunetly...but soon return 2014 for my 21st year. Have fun & be safe!!

User Info Menu

Thanks rooster!

User Info Menu

It's been a while since we have flown into Negril, but when we did....we ended up going out to the street and hailing a route taxi. The guys at the airport were wanting way too much for a short drive. So, we pulled our crap out to Norman Manley...much to the dislike of the drivers. Every likkle ting was irie!

I love to walk...so I really wouldn't mind that short of a walk..BUT, I would take a route taxi.....main reason, trying to cross Norman Manley with luggage! Enjoy your trip!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

the Negril airport is directly across the street from the resort. IMHO, the resort will come and pick you up!!!! Otherwise, You could certainly walk across the street. Just sayin.......

User Info Menu

Negrilgirl, yes, the resort would probably come and pick you up, but you might have to wait. And with "Jamaica Time" and all....well, you know, I'm always anxious to get to the resort.
    Johio

User Info Menu

I sent an email to the resort this morning as well to see if they would provide transportation. Something is telling me that they don't but it can't hurt to ask!

User Info Menu

One time and ONLY ONE TIME, we arranged for a pick up with the resort (can't remember if it was Sandals or Couples, but was back in the 90's). We Waited and waited.... finally negotiated a deal with a taxi driver. This was before this board and didn't know about Red Plate Route taxis.....

Quote Originally Posted by Johio View Post
    Negrilgirl, yes, the resort would probably come and pick you up, but you might have to wait. And with "Jamaica Time" and all....well, you know, I'm always anxious to get to the resort.

User Info Menu

It is right across the street from CN. Let the taxi driver know that you are aware of that and offer him $5. That's what it cost us a few years ago. If you are going to walk to the street to hail a taxi you may as well just cross the street and you're there. I would do the taxi.