Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Walking from the Negril Aerodome to Couples Negril

User Info Menu

Re: Walking from the Negril Aerodome to Couples Negril

Quote Originally Posted by Jamerican1 View Post
    I sent an email to the resort this morning as well to see if they would provide transportation. Something is telling me that they don't but it can't hurt to ask!
    Knowing Couples, they'll tell you, "No problem, mon." If they do, I'd have someone from the Couples Lounge at MBJ call them and verify it and ask that they be there waiting for you. I'd also keep all of my other options open and not be surprised if I had to hire a taxi at the aerodome. But that's part of the beuaty of a Jamaica trip...just go with the flow and see where it takes you.
    Johio

User Info Menu

Here is the response I got from Couples:

Hi Amy,

We offer complimentary transfers to and from the aerodrome in Negril on arrival and departure.

Regards,
    Tadean A. Miller
    Group Customer Relations Coordinator
    Couples Resorts, Jamaica
    (T) 1.954-665-2989
    (T) 1.800.268.7537 ext. 1427
    (F) 1.954.665.2983

Like Johio said we will tell them at MBJ to call for the transport. If we get there and no one is there, we'll either catch a cab or walk. No worries mon!
    [=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Couples will pick you up. It's literally across the street. Besides, you will end up walking over there from the resort most likely at some point during your stay as there is a small craft market next to the gas station. When we used to do couples all the time, I generally just grabbed whichever van was handy, and let them drive me over. $10 is not really a big deal for the convenience, and I was always happy to get into the resort, and look out over that great view from check in to the ocean.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hussyband View Post
    ...and look out over that great view from check in to the ocean.
    You mean this view?

Name:  CN Pool 1.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  63.3 KBName:  CN Pool Bar & Sea.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  66.6 KB

This view isn't bad either.

Name:  CN Beach.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  97.5 KB
    Johio

User Info Menu

YAY!!!!!!!! I can't wait!! We missed out on our yearly trip last year (bought a house instead) so we are super excited to get back to Jamaica after such a long break between trips!!

User Info Menu

@ johio --exactly. We are splitting our trip this year into two parts, and going back to couples for the first time in three years. We've been exclusively cliffs the last two trips, but this year, it's a week at tensing, then a week at couples... I miss the beach. The little almond tree towards the lower right of your last photo was where we spent many a day just watching the waves lap against the shore.

User Info Menu

Hussyband, when will you be at Couples? We arrive on April 17th and are there through the 27th! We have Jamaica newbies joining us on the 20th - 27th!

Counting down the days!!

User Info Menu

It is a while for us yet. We will be at tensing pen nov 11-18, staying in the red birch cottage, then we move to couples for the 18th-24th. Couples is a lot of fun... Have you been to their other locations? We have done sans souci (really liked it) and tower island (couples service, but not my place).

User Info Menu

Hussyband, we have stayed at CN twice, CTI once and CSA once. We did the Trading Places day pass to CSS while we were at CTI. I agree with you about CTI. In my opinion, the food, drinks and service at all of the Couples resorts is comparable (and terrific). Each resort just has a little different vibe. Of the four, CSA is our favorite for it's access to Long Bay and the fitness facilities (for my wife to use...walking to the bar for a refill is my idea of exercise on vacation). It's vibe was more for us too. Active enough if you wanted to be involved but still able to find plenty of space for our own time together.
    Johio