Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Half the clothes twice the money

User Info Menu

Half the clothes twice the money

Of course I can understand bringing more money.. But the thing about clothes has me confused!! Iam not gonna wear sweaty dirty clothes over and over... How do you wash your clothes on the island??

User Info Menu

Re: Half the clothes twice the money

It really depends on what you are planning on doing as to how many clothes you bring. I always find I bring too much and I am going to limit what I take this year. The money thing is true though its best to have more than you need in case the ATM's aren't working or whatever else can happen in Jamaica.
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

We hand wash clothes as needed and occasionally have housekeeping do a load or two for us.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Wash them in the sink or tub then hang them to dry...or ask whomever cleans your room.

User Info Menu

yep... 1/2 the clothes and twice the money!

I've found that if I at least bring enough underwear for each day I'm good with re-wearing clothes two-three times since most of the day(s) I am in a swimsuit and only wear real clothes for a few hours in the evening..

I always bring a small bottle of woolite so I can wash swim suits out and hand wash any clothes that may have gotten dirty/stained.

During my early trips I used to bring a crazy amount of stuff... I could have changed outfits at least 3 times a day and still not worn everything I brought! Now I try to bring as little as possible! More room for Rum Cream coming back!!
    [=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

I see.. Iam already a lite packer.. So this will be easy.. But taking twice the money is not possible.. Iam already taking everything I can.. Thanks to Uncle Sam it's a decent amount for 2 weeks.. Give thanks for all your replys

User Info Menu

"What swim suit should I wear today?" LOL LOL
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

^^^LOL~True~541 where are you staying at and your dates?~Bless!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Get up in the morning, put on your swimsuit.
    Rinse and Repeat

We have washed out clothes in the shower and reworn them and have also had housekeeping do a load or two for us.
    I always come home with the majority of the clothes that i brought down with me not even worn.
    I vow to take only 1/2 the clothes this time!

As for the twice the money ......... I'm with you, no can do! We have a budget and have to stick with it.
    https://www.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/4;10747;126/st/20230508/e/Negril+Bound/dt/-2/k/37c0/event.png

User Info Menu

My latest list is one dark suit and no other clothes except for what I'm wearing.

Just the money in my pocket
    Last edited by captaind; 03-18-2013 at 02:26 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave