Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cambio

User Info Menu

Re: Cambio

Much better.. I just don't like to make a post of something that has a simple google answer.. Respect

User Info Menu

There is a Scotia bank machine, very handy at the round-about....used it a few times and had no troubles.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ras Walleye View Post
    Rule of thumb: If the prices are listed in $J pay with $J. If the prices are listed in $US pay with $US. That way there is no loss of in exchange.
    2 years ago some places priced in US only gave back 85% exchange when I paid in J's. Thats why I second Ras.

User Info Menu

Dont exchange with anyone on the street......no matter how good a deal they give you.
    You will lose.

User Info Menu

If u pull out of an ATM don't you have the option of getting us or j back?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 541lion View Post
    If u pull out of an ATM don't you have the option of getting us or j back?
    We always get our cash from the Scotiabank at the roundabout. This one gives you the option of JA or US.

We always take out JA. Our banking package has no fees for international withdrawals and they give us the best rate of the day.
    https://www.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/4;10747;126/st/20230508/e/Negril+Bound/dt/-2/k/37c0/event.png

User Info Menu

Ok I think iam starting to understand this.. Makes much more sense now!! Thank you all for the replies!! Looks like I need a Bank of America account, they only charge 1 % and I think that's the best iam gonna get

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 541lion View Post
    Ok I think iam starting to understand this.. Makes much more sense now!! Thank you all for the replies!! Looks like I need a Bank of America account, they only charge 1 % and I think that's the best iam gonna get
    Where did you see BofA charges 1%? I haven't noticed an added charge, and the rate I received over New Years was slightly better than the cambio's. thanks

User Info Menu

We called b of a and that's what they had told us.. I was told there was no charge using a scotia ATM with b of a but wanted to call and ask

User Info Menu

Cambios can at times have long lines, I mostly use ATMs these days.

I use JA dollars almost exclusively as I frequent small locally owned places.

There are ATM's at the airport, HiLo and ValueMaster Supermarkets (also Scotia, but Scotia has more begging going on around it. Remember if you want Jamaican dollars to type the amount in JA dollars (ex. $300 US would equal approx. $28,500J - scary to type in that amount!)

There is a little button by the door of the ATM - remember to push it to get out!

100J and 1000J bills are similar - common scam/mistake is for someone to tell you/you only gave them a hundred instead of a thousand bill. I have taken to keeping them in seperate pockets or even marking the 1000's discreetly in a corner.
    Last edited by goldilocks; 03-22-2013 at 03:04 PM. Reason: add airport