Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cash passport

User Info Menu

Cash passport

Has anyone used one??? Iam trying to figure out to safely get my money over there.. I don't like banks whatsoever!! So iam trying to avoid that as well as fees for getting my money !! Any help will be appreciated!! Respect

User Info Menu

Re: Cash passport

Ha I read the fine print on one of em and for ATM withdrawals there is a 2$ fee every time plus whatever the ATM charges... Ok so I read on, and for foreign withdrawals the exchange rate is set by them on th day of purchase or withdrawal plus 5.5%.. Guess I answered my own question.. Thanks tho ..

User Info Menu

I just bring cash, it's just as good as money. A lot of resorts have in room safes or safety deposit boxes. If not, invest in a Pac Safe, piece of mind! The ATMs at Scotiabank don't rip you off; but I was only able to withdraw $ 200 US per day, hardly denting my Red Stripe habit.

User Info Menu

Yeah 200 won't cut it, but I don't want to bring all of my money in cash either

User Info Menu

I still use T.C. One visit I drove around and around trying to find a working ATM (Runaway Bay area), didn't like that feeling. Now, I use T.C. and CC.

User Info Menu

Can you cash your travelers checks at a bank?? Sorry I've never been out of the country or used anything like tc

User Info Menu

Yes you can cash Travelers checks at the banks if you want to stand in line for an hour. Cash your checks at one of the cambios around town. There is one in front of Bourbon Beach. One across from the Burger King downtown. And the one I always use is the FX Trader next to the HiLo at Sunshine Plaza. I think there is also one on the west end but I'm not sure where as I haven't used it.

User Info Menu

Sweet that helps a lot thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ras Walleye View Post
    I think there is also one on the west end but I'm not sure where as I haven't used it.
    Banmark on the west end cashes trav checks. Sort of near Negril Escape as I recall.

User Info Menu

There is a new cambio at the Boardwalk Village, really good rates, as well as the one in front of Bourben Beach one at the roundabout, FX trader next to the Hilo, and the one at Banmark in the westend. All will change travellor checks at a little lower rate than cash.
    Trip #59 most of February