Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Gone for three years - What is new???

User Info Menu

Gone for three years - What is new???

Coming back to Negril after a three year absence.
    Please advise on new places (bars or restaurants) since we were last there (Christmas/New Years 2010-11).
    Been to Negril many times, so no need to recommend old places, unless they have improved and are now a "must do". Staying in cliffs but we tend to be all over Negril while there.

P.S. I know we are eight months out, but I am dying here with this winter!!!!! Need to dream of Negril today and start planning!

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Re: Gone for three years - What is new???

For Real bar is gone.Now new hotel/new bar Sandy Haven....Sea Splash refurbished.....

User Info Menu

new owners at Bourbon Beach........great Jerk Chicken as always.......great live venues........
    SeaStar has added a new building with 4 rooms plus remodeled the whole place especially around the bar area.......
    Hearbeat was scrapped and a high end Spa is there now.......
    Catcha Falling Star and Catcha Gardens(old LTU) now have pools..........
    new places to eat on the West End/Cliffs; Swordfish, Sunset after Dark, Aubies, German Restuarant(Mary's Bay).......
    American Pie by the roundabout is bar to hangout at on Tuesday nights.........
    Tourist Police seem to be doing a good job on the beach......
    new sidewalks and medians going in on the beach road..........
    Selina's is now Cafe Goa.........
    got a new China mon store across from SamSara.....
    new supermarket down past HiLo going towards roundabout.....
    a lot of new places on the beach road that have new owners......and changed der names.....like Pure Garden etc......
    overall no huge changes that you would notice.........route taxis are $100J's.......
    there are lot more stands and likkle bars on the road between Negril and MoBay......
    probably missed a lot but those are the ones on top of mi head.........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

I found a little stand/building on the beach side of the road near Cafe Goa and the big night club. I seen lots of locals and taxi drivers going there, so I stopped in. Porrage in the morning, many soups, The chicken foot and dumpling soup is great and chicken w/rice and peas. Take out only. All big portions, delish and fairly priced. Sorry I can't remember the name.

User Info Menu

I got food from this spot frequently on this past trip. Its next to Rondel going towards the west end, A small building with lots of taxi drivers frequently stopping. The soups are outstanding.