Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cambio at roundabout vs cambio at HiLo?

User Info Menu

Re: Cambio at roundabout vs cambio at HiLo?

Thank you

User Info Menu

I used to use the Cambio by bourbon beach on the road. This year it was different...It did not look official. I did not have to produce any ID and my rate was a full 5% less than at the Hi Lo....I got 94 at the HiLo and got 90 on beach road...
    BE A TRAVELR

User Info Menu

BR Mon,
    That's why I have always used the FX Trader by the HiLo. Published rates, established company owned by Grace Kennedy foods, consistent rates and service island wide.

User Info Menu

If you're a Canadian and have Scotiabank. Your best bet might be using the ATM? sometimes they are out of money though. I use the ATM at HiLo as well.

Administrator

User Info Menu

For US$, the cambio by Roundabout was giving 95.8 today - the cambio near HiLo was giving 95.6..... unless you are buying a car - I wouldnt worry about it.... (grin)
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    For US$, the cambio by Roundabout was giving 95.8 today - the cambio near HiLo was giving 95.6..... unless you are buying a car - I wouldnt worry about it.... (grin)
    gone up a lot.......at the start of the winter it was around 90........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    My last few trips I've noticed the cambio by the roundabout had the slightly higher exchange. Good for me since that's closer. I pretty much have given up at the one near Bourbon Beach... often w/out J$.

BTW... the reason you don't have to use ID is if you're in the computer system &/or they recognize you as a familiar face, not necessary. There have been times I started to present an ID & was told they didn't need to see it.

User Info Menu

I have been using the FX Trader for over a decade. I'm in their computers and they know me by name. I still present ID for every transaction, just like at my bank here in the states. Doesn't bother me in the least. Secure and professional service.
    Last edited by Ras Walleye; 03-30-2013 at 04:44 PM.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Just be careful and count your money at the window. In February, at the HiLo Cambio, the woman behind the window tried to short me by 2000J. I was changing $500US at the very beginning of the trip. Not a fun throught to start the Vacation especially after a couple of stripes along the way from MBJ.

User Info Menu

By "the cambio at the roundabout" I assume this means the RBC ATM in the parking lot across from Burger King. I always check the rates and I find the RBC cambio has just slightly better rates. Sometimes it's a bit of a pain to walk to the RBC ATM with all the locals that want to "change money" in the parking lot. FX Trader is conveneante because you can do some souvenir shopping at the Sunshine Plaza or get some groceries at the Hi-Lo.