Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cambio at roundabout vs cambio at HiLo?

User Info Menu

Re: Cambio at roundabout vs cambio at HiLo?

Russ, I'd like to think that it was an honest counting error. As I said I have used that cambio for over a decade and never had an issue. But that being said it is good advice. I always count my money before leaving the window again whether here in the states or in Jamaica.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Ditto what Ras W wrote. 500 US is a lot of bills in JMD, I would probably have to count 3 times to verify my own counting!

User Info Menu

I have to pop in on this one, too. This cambio has been reliable for years. I'd probably guess it was just a fluke if money was off. I like that they know me, remember me from trip to trip. It's good to visit a place w/ employee stability (applies also at ValueMaster, Sunnyside, Fattie's, & various vendors/shops along the Norman Manley Blvd.) Still, I count my $$$ before I leave the counter at any cambio even if someone else has to wait a few seconds. I'm not moving on unless I know all is OK w/ the transaction. That's what it is, a business transaction.

Negril has changed a lot through the years & we all have our opinions on that. Whatever, however we know Negril, there will always be things to love & appreciate about this comfortable, beautiful, enchanting place.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Ditto what Ras W wrote. 500 US is a lot of bills in JMD, I would probably have to count 3 times to verify my own counting!
    wow......mi could stay for a good part of a month on $500.....
    and someone was exchanging this all at once....lawd of mercy

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20