Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cambio at roundabout vs cambio at HiLo?

User Info Menu

Cambio at roundabout vs cambio at HiLo?

Is anyone able to comment on the current exchange rate offered for USD at either/both of these locations?

User Info Menu

Re: Cambio at roundabout vs cambio at HiLo?

The best cambio exchange when I was there a couple weeks back was at the new cambio at the Boardwalk Village.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Thanks PGW. Please tell me where the boardwalk village is.

User Info Menu

All the cambios will have approximately the same rate give or take. The difference will work out to a few pennies one way or the other so I would recommend whichever one is most convenient.

User Info Menu

like Ras says they are usually pretty close........
    but the one at FX trader by HiLo is probably your best bet for best rate.......
    the one by Bourbon Beach kinda gives the worst rate......
    but it really does come down to which is more convenient......
    taking a taxi to HiLo from say the beach kinda defeats the purpose for getting the best rate if you figure in the cost of a taxi.....

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Boardwalk Village is up the beach by Seashore Bay and the Kool Runnings waterpark.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Hey poolguy you will be able to help me on this one. Do you or can you exchange canadian money ?

User Info Menu

Pick a currency and they will change it for you - Canadian & US are the most popular as we are the two biggest groups on the Rock !

User Info Menu

Thanks, what i really want to ask is it any better to exchange can. down in negril or switch canadian to US up here?Then exchange the US down in Negril.

User Info Menu

You may want to exchange a small amount of Canadian to US for when you first get down here as some of the smaller vendors don't always know what the Canadian exchange rate is...but they almost always know the US rate.
    Otherwise don't bother changing your Canadian to US as the cambios exchange many curriences with no problem & it's not beneficial to exchange from Canadian to US to Jamaican.