Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st trip to Jamaica for our 30th anniversary

User Info Menu

1st trip to Jamaica for our 30th anniversary

We are headed to Negril for our first trip to Jamaica on June 3 thru the 10th. Staying at the Grand Pineapple. We have one trip booked to do the Black River, Appleton, and YS Falls, and the One Love tour with Lenbert on the 5th. Is there anything else we should think about doing besides just relaxing on the beach? Also is anyone else going on Len's tour on the 5th?
    [/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

User Info Menu

Re: 1st trip to Jamaica for our 30th anniversary

Spend some time on the cliffs...Xtabi is a good spot and has a great cave you guys can explore. Check out live music at one of the beach spots in the evening. A nice dinner or even just drinks one evening at Ivan's (Catch a Falling Star). Walk the beach early morning....nothing will beat the calmness you will feel.

Happy Anniversary!

User Info Menu

With having 7 days, I think the 2 planned events are enough.
    You will find that all the best laid plans get washed out to sea in Negril.
    If you enjoy snorkelling, you could always call up Famous Vincent and have him pick you up for a great snorkelling adventure. Morning is best, when the sea is as smooth as glass. Finish it off with a cruise down the coastline of the cliffs.
    Enjoy!
    https://www.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/4;10747;126/st/20230508/e/Negril+Bound/dt/-2/k/37c0/event.png

User Info Menu

If you want a really special dinner for your anniversary I highly recommend the 100 Candles dinner at Ivan's/Catcha Falling Star. We celebrated our 5th in December that way and it was magical!
    Seastar buffet and show on Saturday nights are big fun and are also webcast. Check out the webcast schedule at realnegril.com and watch a few before you come down then attend one or more while you're there.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Thanks ! We will check it out. I know my wife wants to spend as much time on the beach as possible..she is a former southern California girl. She misses it a lot. Not too much beachfront property in Colorado.. I know I want to putz around on some Jet Ski's. Are they available for rent?
    [/url]

User Info Menu

Yep, jet ski's are available ~~ have FUN & congrats on 30 years
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

If you are thinking about the 100 Candles dinner contact Catcha in advance to reserve because they only do 1 per night. Private table surrounded by the ocean and of course 100 candles, specially printed keepsake menus, awesome service.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

I sent them an email to check availability on the 100 candles dinner..
    [/url]

User Info Menu

You won't regret it. You often hear about the "soon come" nature of service in Negril. This was one time when we felt just the opposite. Not that we were rushed in any way but each time the server came it felt too soon. We could have sat under the stars, listening to the waves, basking in the glow of the moon and candles forever. The most romantic experience we've ever had, never wanted it to end.

User Info Menu

We just stayed at the GP last month for our 30th anniversary as well. Enjoy!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*