I can't get my photos uploaded until I get home, so I will just have to hope they are nice. I intend to come back and edit pictures into the trip report (or post them at the end), so expect pics by May.

I just wanted to check in with everyone and say.... WOW. Here's our Day 1 report.

Actually, I'll start with day 0, when I checked in for our flight and managed a cheap business class upgrade. That was lovely, and it made the flight that much more bearable for my husband, who dislikes flying.

So for Day 1, the only bad experience we had was the hour long immigration line. Oh, asks guess the fact that my pen leaked in my hand in the air plane... leaving black ink stains that still aren't quite gone...!

* After that, we met up with boardie Russ who shared the ride to Negril with us. The ride was great... we had a delicious lunch from Juciy patty, and then before we knew it we were at The Caves.

Wow, this place is ridiculously charming. Roxann gave us a slightly exhausting tour of the grounds... down one set of Stone steps and up another... into caves and common areas, overlooking cliff jumps that would take a lot of rum drinks to consider, and finally stopping at our room "Blue Hole", which is coincidentally right next to a blue hole you can dive into (22 ft) into a cave you swim through to the ocean.

By the time we arrived, my legs felt like lead and the sounds of the ocean crashing into the cave completely sapped my motivation, so instead I cleaned up, cooled off, had some fruity rum drinks, and explored the grounds with my camera until dinner time.

I don't even know how to describe the food. It's quite good for an all-inclusive. We dined under the stars, then we'd to the bar and poured our first rum cream. So good!

The sound of the blue hole lulled its to sleep early, and so went our first day.