Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo Shops in Negril

User Info Menu

Tattoo Shops in Negril

My wife and I are thinking of getting our first tattoo's while we are in Negril, and are wondering if there is a good, safe shop there that does that?
    [/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

User Info Menu

Re: Tattoo Shops in Negril

I dont know if they have tattoo shops in JA, but I dont think it's wise for you to get tattoos there or anywhere for that matter if you plan on being in the sun and water as those are 2 major health risks they advice to stay away from when getting a new tattoo for atleast 4-6wks possible risks (infections, colors removed etc.)...IMHO...(I have 7 tattoos)

User Info Menu

There is a shop right in Negril that is safe & clean but like Love2travelchic said why would u want to not be able to swim or go in the sun or risk infection?
    However you could do it on one of your last days as permanent jamaica momento! (just thought of that) !!!
    Choochy420

User Info Menu

That was the plan on the last day there..
    [/url]

User Info Menu

let me see if I can find out the name of the place......I saw an ad for their shop recently but don't remember if it was on here of FB
    Choochy420

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 68Stang View Post
    That was the plan on the last day there..
    Well of course...silly me! LOL

User Info Menu

No you have some valid points. Our concern is that it is a clean shop..she was also thinking about getting her belly button pierced next week, but we don't have enough time for her to heal up before we go (in case there is a complication). So that will probably wait until later this summer before she goes back to work. Maybe we should just wait until we get back.
    [/url]

User Info Menu

I got my first tattoo (color), a tribute to my recently deceased mom, almost a month ago. I was told no sun for 2 weeks but they may have meant no tanning bed (I'm a regular). Another shop I visited had instructions for new tattoos & it states no sun until healed, but no timeframe. I'm healed but I still cover it. When outside I slather it w/ dermatology grade sunblock. Better to be safe than not.

I had my navel pierced in Negril in 2001. It was at a doctor's office in town, up the hill behind Negril Plaza. Don't remember his name... too long ago. Odds are you could get both done at the same place in the states. Most tattoo studios I visited before deciding on where I'd go do both.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

I always see posters around negril about tattoos but I dont know of anyone who has gotten one.

User Info Menu

I got a full armband in Negril, just slathered it in neopsroin, wrapped it in plastic and went right back to the sea. No problems at all.