Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Treasure Beach Cool Runnings

User Info Menu

Re: Treasure Beach Cool Runnings

Hi WEG,

Yes that is a native Maine Brookie (catch and release of course). Rained hard for three days until it finally cleared up but it was worth the wait. Glad to hear that you are like a solar panel soaking up the positive energy of the sun!!! Time that they make lunch 2 hours instead of one, also you deserve a pay raise too.

Cool Runnings,
    John

User Info Menu

Hi Johnj, I have learned a lot about Lee Scratch Perry, and Sir Coxsone Dodd, founder of Studio one watching documentaries regarding the history of reggae, ska, dub and rocksteady. These producers helped pave the way for Bob Marley Wailers, many reggae foundation artist. I find watching these documentaries both entertaining and educational. It must've been a good time back then, also very difficult to get a start in the music industry. I find your pictures and knowledge of Jamaica back then very intriguing. Looking at your pictures and watching documentaries of Jamaica make me wish I could go back to those days. It would be nice to hear some of the foundation, vintage music in Jamaica now as opposed to the dancehall music that's played in the clubs and bar these days.

User Info Menu

BTW, Johng I recently watched a documentary on Maine, and was blown away by the beauty and historical content of it. It was very picturesque and breathtaking. I would love to visit one day. I'm sure I will grow to love it almost as much as I love Jamaica. I am a true lover of nature, which is one of the reason of my attraction to Jamaica.

User Info Menu

Hi Butterfly,

Thanks for your Irie e-mail. Yes Maine is still a place where you can travel for miles without seeing another person, building, etc.. and there are still wild animals such as bear, moose, deer, Bald Eagles, fresh air, clean water and plenty of space to clear your head from the clutter that has become our daily lives. By all means check Maine out, not sure where you hail from but Boston is the most likely hub in New England but you can also fly into Portland, Bangor relatively inexpensively. Many points of interest but by the sound of your vibe I would say Baxter State Park (Mt. Katahdin) or Acadia National Park would be good starting points.

As far as music goes I must say that I have not followed the path of current music either in America or Internationally and can only say that for me 99.9% of what I listen to is reggae music. I had the good fortune of attending many of the early Reggae Sunsplash Festivals and was fortunate enough to see many reggae shows in Jamaica, USA and Europe over the years and captured several shows with my Nikon FM. If you can somehow build a time machine to go back in time let me know, I'm in.

John

Name:  New Stream (Large).jpg
Views: 428
Size:  98.4 KBName:  Otter Lake (Large).jpg
Views: 439
Size:  98.8 KBName:  Forward And Fiaca.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  65.1 KBName:  Jimmy & John.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  82.5 KB

User Info Menu

Great pictures! Thank you. I miss TB.

User Info Menu

Hi jeannieb,

Thanks for the positive vibrations!!! Don't know when you last were in TB but although there has been ongoing development it has been controlled and doesn't look over done. They have built a really nice sports park with tennis courts, basketball hoops, soccer fields and have been trying to attract sports teams to come to TB as a sports destination. Pretty unique and very nicely done. TB is still a very Cool Runnings spot.

User Info Menu

JohnG. Nice pics of Jimmy Cliff, must've been a good time then. I also love the concerts and seen about 75% of all reggae artist perform live. Maine is absolutely stunning, I will have to take a future trip there, it look so serene and relaxing.

User Info Menu

Butterfly,

You would love Maine, serene and relaxing are great descriptions!! Tough adjusting back into regular life after being there just like JA but if you find yourself in New England Maine is a must.