Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help for activities in Negril for Couple with 11 Yr Old Boy

User Info Menu

Need help for activities in Negril for Couple with 11 Yr Old Boy

Anybody got any suggestions to keep an 11 yr old boy travelling with his parents occupied and not bored in Negril?

User Info Menu

Well, there's the water park.

Where are you staying?

User Info Menu

Not sure where they are going to stay. They are looking Negril in General. They stayed at the Sunwind (I think that's what it was called, but I have suggested the SeaStar).

User Info Menu

This may be a situation where an AI is the best option. Waterpark, snorkeling, zip-line and beach are what come to mind. How long are they staying?
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

When I took my boys (same age) they enjoyed the ocean most of all. We also went for a lot of walks so they got to see a lot by foot.

User Info Menu

There is the sea, cliff jumping at Rick,s, Cool Runnings water park, Y.S.falls, Mayfield Falls river walk,ziplining at Discovery Falls,Dolphin Cove in Lucea,live reggae and buffet saturday night at Seastar,water trampoline at Margaritaville, just a few to start been there and done that with 4 kids.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by poolguywindsor View Post
    There is the sea, cliff jumping at Rick,s, Cool Runnings water park, Y.S.falls, Mayfield Falls river walk,ziplining at Discovery Falls,Dolphin Cove in Lucea,live reggae and buffet saturday night at Seastar,water trampoline at Margaritaville, just a few to start been there and done that with 4 kids.
    That is an expensive vacation PGW!!! That's why I wondered how long the reach was...

My kids have done the Dolphin Experience in Mexico and loved it. But it wasn't cheap. We got a great deal and it was still $240 for the three of us. Don't know the cost for JA...YMMV
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

I always pack a raft, snorkel gear and a frisbee. Most of the hotels and restaurants have wi-fi, so it's always good to have a d.s. or ipod touch during those long meals, when a kid can get bored. A laptop is good for movies at night. I know a lot of people like to avoid that sort of thing on vacation, but a boy, with no one else his age to hang with, especially at night, likes to be occupied.

User Info Menu

Wow! Your replies are great! Just heard about the ziplining at Discover Falls and it's way cheaper than Green Grotto up by Ocho Rios! $50 versus over $100! Plus there are hiking trails. Thanks so much. Not sure how long they are staying ... usually about 2 weeks. The + is they all LOVE Jam (once you go, you know, eh?) Thanks again and keep 'em coming!

User Info Menu

I have done these adventures on several different trips, of course there is tonnes of places with free wireless, so having their ipod or laptop keeps them busy in the down time.