Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ** Day Trips by Bike Near Negril **

User Info Menu

** Day Trips by Bike Near Negril **

Leaving for Negril in 6 days, can't wait. Renting an enduro in the area for 3-4 days. Really would appreciate some day trip ideas near-by, that aren't terribly far away (less than 2hr riding), but worth the ride. Thinking about taking W. End Rd from Bloody Bay to Little Bay and Blue Hole. My only question about that route is the area shown in the map I attached. Would the area in red be ride-able as far as being non-private property? Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

Re: ** Day Trips by Bike Near Negril **

130 views and no opinions?

User Info Menu

I have never been on a bike in Negril... I am not sure what you have marked there is even a road?

User Info Menu

We do the loop past Westender, up, up, up at least 3 "hills" and end up around the city center gas station. It is a great trip and when you go on Sunday you can often hear them singing in the church at the top of one of the hills. Fun time and takes a couple of hours for sure.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by reggaekaren View Post
    We do the loop past Westender, up, up, up at least 3 "hills" and end up around the city center gas station. It is a great trip and when you go on Sunday you can often hear them singing in the church at the top of one of the hills. Fun time and takes a couple of hours for sure.
    Sounds great, thanks for the info!

User Info Menu

many years ago we rented endoros and made an overnight trip to Montego Bay and then another to Sav,both a lot of fun and not too taxing on motorcycles,wouldn't want to attempt them on scooters.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Love View Post
    many years ago we rented endoros and made an overnight trip to Montego Bay and then another to Sav,both a lot of fun and not too taxing on motorcycles,wouldn't want to attempt them on scooters.
    I personally hate scooters, been riding liter bikes my whole life, so an enduro is a nice step down.

User Info Menu

Don't have any particular paths to follow, but just get on the bike and ride. Head out the west end road and head down many of the roads. Hit Red Ground and check it out. In Negril, my motto is to just go with your gut and ride. So many adventures and roads to discover. Beauty beyond words!!! Enjoy the ride!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yetta View Post
    Don't have any particular paths to follow, but just get on the bike and ride. Head out the west end road and head down many of the roads. Hit Red Ground and check it out. In Negril, my motto is to just go with your gut and ride. So many adventures and roads to discover. Beauty beyond words!!! Enjoy the ride!
    Sounds like a plan to me.

User Info Menu

Swaptrex,
    Subrina and I have been riding in Jamaica for years.
    The route you are looking at is a great one.
    After you past the Westender Inn and head up the hill, you will come to a right turn that leads to the Blue Hole. If you do not make this right turn, you will end up back at the gas station on the Negril to Sav road. If you continue on past the Blue Hole you will come to Brighton. You can continue along the coast to Likkle Bay. From there you can take the road to Likkle London. On that road you will pass Jamwest race track. We have actually run our bike down the dragstrip before. Just ask anyone for directions if you get off track. The pics below are from that area. We would pack a cooler full of Red Stripes and hit the road. This area is great for riding Let me know if you need any more info or advise.Name:  P4230055 (Large).jpg
Views: 281
Size:  98.3 KBName:  P4230056 (Large).jpg
Views: 371
Size:  97.6 KBName:  P4230060 (Large).jpg
Views: 380
Size:  91.6 KBName:  P4230064 (Large).jpg
Views: 380
Size:  96.1 KBas there is not much traffic and the dirt bikes make the rough roads easy.