Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Low cost places you trust with your bank card

User Info Menu

Low cost places you trust with your bank card

I may have an issue with one of my bank cards, I do not want to go into all the details but I would like to know if there are any shops, low cost rooms dining places that accept card as payment and who you trust. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Re: Low cost places you trust with your bank card

there has to be somewhere

User Info Menu

i have only used my card at Times Square and a few times at HiLo and had no problems.
    http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Do you mean credit card or debit card? I thought debit cards were useless except for ATMs.

User Info Menu

We use our debit cards (at home) as credit cards all the time. The funds come out of our checking account, but we don't have to use a pin. Have never used it in Jamaica, though.

User Info Menu

I've used regular credit cards and my Bank of America Visa debit card for years and have never had an issue...as long as the place accepts credit cards. B of A has a global alliance with Scotiabank so there's no ATM fees when withdrawing cash from Scotia ATMs when using a BofA debit card.

User Info Menu

Actually b of a charges 1% from a scotia ATM.. Only know because we called

User Info Menu

Tic....are you talking about putting things on your card because you need to put them on credit? There are all kinds of duping scams in JA....I never use my CC....always settle my hotel bill with cash....the only card that comes out is the ATM/Debit Card....every other day....20kJMD each time....I still don't get traveler's checks in this day and age....NCB and my bank have affinity, so I don't get charged a fee and I get darn close to the LIBOR rate....Like somebody posted, be careful, some banks don't tell you that they will alter the exchange rate by 1 percent or more in their favor.....
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

We use our card for hotel payment through NEGRIL ONE STOP (we always book through them!). They are not in Negril, and I trust them 100% with my card/info.
    In Negril, I have used a CC at grocery store and that is it. My bank knows that we travel (I alert them), and tell them that the max transactions to any JA business should be $200 US, not to exceed $1000 our entire trip. Never had a problem, but do not expect to with these tight limits. In case of a mass emergency that we would need more (rebooking air tickets), I would simply call my CC company and change the "rules".
    Otherwise, if I buy more that $1000 in groceries, I have issues!
    2001-Sandals, 2003-Sandals, 2004-NBCC, 2005-NBCC, 2006-Xtabi, 2007-NBCC, 2008-NBCC, 2008-Xtabi, 2009-NBCC, 2010-Blue Cave Castle, 2010-NBCC, 2013-Sea Wind, 2014-Catcha Falling Star, 2014-Rayon, 2015-Catcha Falling Star

User Info Menu

personally mi tell people not to use their credit cards when going out to like dinner etc.....
    to use one to pay for your room would be fine..........or at HiLo is fine........or at MegaMart in MoBay
    mi have used Debit Cards at SeaStar Inn and Bourbon Beach and never had a problem........
    used a Credit Card at the the Dentist in Negril and no problem..........
    overall mi don't think it's a great idea to be using your CC or Debit Cards all over the place........
    use a select few and you'll be fine.......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20