Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Release of Akwantu - The Journey

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Re: Release of Akwantu - The Journey

Thanks fo the info but I don't get why you politicize this story to lump in the TEA Party? The TEA actually means taxed enough already and America is surely overtaxed. Kinda hypocritical to say Wikipedia is based on whatever you want to write and yet,you bash the TEA Party based on political rhetoric?

I can see how facts may be bent or skewed but I sure don't think they would write that the freed slaves sold other slaves back to thos who originally enslaved them?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Stripe View Post
    Thanks fo the info but I don't get why you politicize this story to lump in the TEA Party? The TEA actually means taxed enough already and America is surely overtaxed. Kinda hypocritical to say Wikipedia is based on whatever you want to write and yet,you bash the TEA Party based on political rhetoric?

I can see how facts may be bent or skewed but I sure don't think they would write that the freed slaves sold other slaves back to thos who originally enslaved them?
    Goodbye Fred. Been nice talking with you but now I see it is time to go on to something more constructive.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Hi Accompong,

Are you Bill Evans that wrote the 1995 article? I have visited JA many many time but never had the opportunity to discover the the culture of the Maroons, regrettably!! Nor have I had a chance to visit Cockpit Country. It is on my list of things to do and in the meantime I will find resources of information more credible than Wiki. History of Jamaica is mind blowing and nothing I learn surprises me. The human race has the potential to do horrific things as we have seen in past, present and by all predictions in the future too. Have you been to Seaford Town? Amazing story there also. Slaves in their own saga!!!!!

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Good bye my friend, still don't see how an American Republican political group has anything to do with the Moroons of Jamaica?I notice you never said the story was wrong that they sold their own back to the British.You just said they were not aligned with the Brits or some generic statement. Hey,sorry,next time I will try to "dummy up" and not ask questions of a story I was interested in.
    Last edited by Fred Stripe; 06-07-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

That if any negroes shall hereafter run away from their masters or owners and fall into Captain Cudjoe's hands, he shall immediately be sent back to the chief magistrate of the next parish where they are taken; and those that bring them are to be satisfied for their trouble, and the legislature shall appoint.....Your statement right? Gee "satisfied for their troubles" a nice way saying Getz Paid?

So if I innocently and mistakenly say "new slaves"when it was freed slaves now captured by their OWN people to be sold back to the British,it's a "flamethrower" statement? Why so harsh my friend.Also,since you did concede it happened then gee,would that now make the now free slaves who caught and sold other slaves,,,, Slave Masters???

Now there is a story within the story.Blues Pirate.
    Last edited by Fred Stripe; 06-08-2013 at 05:53 AM.