Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carry on question

User Info Menu

Re: Carry on question

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    You can take them from the US but not home from Jamaica. I take them in my purse all the time. But they confiscate them leaving Jamaica

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-informat...rs-and-matches
    This has been our experience as well.
    Johio

User Info Menu

The rules seem to be arbitrarily enforced. When we went through security in MBJ last October, we had 2 lighters in our carry-on (I forgot that our driver had given us an old lighter with a bottle opener on the end to open our Red Stripes). The security personnel found both of the lighters in our bag and told us that we can only keep one of them. They asked us which one we wanted and threw away the other.

User Info Menu

I usually get one or two taken on the way home from Jamaica Never any taken on the way there tho. Manage usually to keep at least one of them.

User Info Menu

This is another reason I cant convert to "Carry on" lol

User Info Menu

I had a lighter in my purse in May leaving Jamaica and no problem tho in the past they have taken them.
    that which does not kill you makes you stronger

User Info Menu

It's pretty easy to find lighters in Negril these days. In the "good old days," you had to bring them or use matches. I shiver at the thought!
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.